[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gen 2 Replacement Bulb Part Numbers
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Gen 2 Replacement Bulb Part Numbers

Re: Gen 2 Replacement Bulb Part Numbers

Postby folch52 » Tue Jul 20, 2010 6:06 pm

is there any difference between the normal bulbs and the silverlight bulbs for the turn signals and stuff??
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jerzey111 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 1:59 pm

hey guys, what bulb is for the drl?? is parking light the drl light in this guide?? thanks
Jerzey111
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Wed Sep 08, 2010 2:30 pm

Drl is part of the high beam. 9005
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jerzey111 » Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:44 pm

o ok, thank you very much
Jerzey111
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jerzey111 » Fri Oct 29, 2010 1:07 pm

sorry if this is a dumb question, is there any way to make the drl not low voltage?? i got some really cool looking led bulbs but they dont work in drl mode. thanks
Jerzey111
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NewShockerGuy » Sun Dec 19, 2010 11:17 pm

Jerzey111 wrote:sorry if this is a dumb question, is there any way to make the drl not low voltage?? i got some really cool looking led bulbs but they dont work in drl mode. thanks

Or for me is there a way to disable them? I am getting HIR bulbs and since their lffe is rated lower I would prefer not to have them running the entire time...

Thanks,
-Nigel
NewShockerGuy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NewShockerGuy » Tue Feb 15, 2011 2:30 pm

My girl has an 07' Solara Convertible SLE and the 194 bulb for the map lights is not correct:

12V BA9S is the correct bulb if you have a convertible. If you are replacing with LED look for a 57.

Thanks,
-Nigel
NewShockerGuy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gnegroni » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:38 am

NewShockerGuy wrote:
Jerzey111 wrote:sorry if this is a dumb question, is there any way to make the drl not low voltage?? i got some really cool looking led bulbs but they dont work in drl mode. thanks

Or for me is there a way to disable them? I am getting HIR bulbs and since their lffe is rated lower I would prefer not to have them running the entire time...

Thanks,
-Nigel

To disable DRL just lower the setting to OFF (1st one down, 2nd one up is Auto)... just turn lights on and off manually.
I believe HIR lights are rated lower than low-beam bulbs, but since you are using the 9011 HIRs (high beam also), I believe you should not have any trouble with them lasting less than the stock high beam (DRL) bulb.
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 5:03 am

Ordered all new LED bulbs for the car interior and license plate.... This is how big my DE3175 replacement bulb was... is this right? 31MM is what I ordered.... but clearly that does not fit. Luckily Amazon gave me a full refund and told me to keep it, not like I can use it anyways. It does stay in there just barely because it is so pointy but its gonna fall out the first time I drive the car I bet.

2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:33 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:Ordered all new LED bulbs for the car interior and license plate.... This is how big my DE3175 replacement bulb was... is this right? 31MM is what I ordered.... but clearly that does not fit. Luckily Amazon gave me a full refund and told me to keep it, not like I can use it anyways. It does stay in there just barely because it is so pointy but its gonna fall out the first time I drive the car I bet.

same happened to me
so what i did was measure the original bulb, and when i went looking online for one i tried my best to find one of similar length excluding the pointed slimmer ends
so i ended up with a slightly longer bulb, but it still worked
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Tue Jan 24, 2012 4:54 pm

kingkakyle wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:Ordered all new LED bulbs for the car interior and license plate.... This is how big my DE3175 replacement bulb was... is this right? 31MM is what I ordered.... but clearly that does not fit. Luckily Amazon gave me a full refund and told me to keep it, not like I can use it anyways. It does stay in there just barely because it is so pointy but its gonna fall out the first time I drive the car I bet.

same happened to me
so what i did was measure the original bulb, and when i went looking online for one i tried my best to find one of similar length excluding the pointed slimmer ends
so i ended up with a slightly longer bulb, but it still worked

So are the ends part of the measurement? Do you remember what size you ordered?
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:30 pm

so basically on the original bulb i measured end to end
on the LED i ordered i tried to get the measurement excluding the tips

also what u can do (and what i think i might have done)
is measure the actual size of the light, which is the clear part and try to match it with an LED dome light so that its the same or similar
for some reason i want to say i ordered 61mm, but not sure, its been at least 2-3 years
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re:

Postby TeflonMyk » Wed Sep 17, 2014 5:22 am

cklinh wrote:Who knows the part number of the bulbs in the visor? (On either side of the mirror)

6615F is the part number. 6614F if you want to replace with LED (which may be TOO bright).
TeflonMyk
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NewShockerGuy » Thu Mar 31, 2016 10:15 pm

Old thread, but does anyone know how to remove the lower key illuminator? I want to change the bulb since it's burned out but figured I'd ask on how to remove the lower part of the dash...

Thanks,
-Nigel
NewShockerGuy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5