[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO

Postby PXLpainter » Fri Mar 30, 2007 8:51 pm

^^ LOL Rudolph - go play with your avatar! GRRrrrrrrOOOWWWLLLL!!! :lol: :o
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Down2TheC » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:59 pm

QuickSEV6 wrote:
PXLpainter wrote:Quick - there's a reason that I put this in the Gen 2 Aftermarket forum bro! ;)

Sorry. I didn't see which forum it was on when I clicked on it.

I feel like Rudolph and you won't let me play in your reindeer games.

Good luck with your GB.

If you go to their site, you'll see they already have a Gen1 set. They claim "20-35whp on '99 V6 5 speed Solara with a TRD Supercharger."

That should be a decent benchmark for Sebas to hope for. As for the bend, It's gonna have to stay to some degree. We have a FWD car. The distance from exhaust valve to the union has to remain the same. So the back headers have to kill some ground before joining up with the front. Thus the bend. Making it wider/rounder can help, but we all should know by now (from Professor Phreak's class) that it's the mashing of the two into one with no increase in size that is killing our flow. Also we have one header that squishes flat to clear something in the engine bay. (I seem to recall... I'll look tomorrow to verify). Brian will swoop in if I've got this all wrong.

So Jeff... count me in. But please discuss the planned lifecycle of the development.
money - proto - dyno - go/nogo - more money - build - ship?

I mean... throw in a catback and we're talking s/c money. So it really has to bring some horses. Props for kicking this off.

Last question... are they going to deal with our O2's. I assume Gen1 had the same rig.

cp-e owners. We'll work with Josh to get a new map made even if I have to drive there for a weekend to do it. (My ride is the model for the '04-'05 a/f map.) Once a new map is available, programmable chips can be reflashed, standard chips would have to be swapped for a small fee. We'd send a deposit, they'd send the new chip, we return the old chip, they return the deposit and keep a bit for processing. That's the deal we hammered out during the proto. (Yes... I prepared for this eventuality. Get me I'm freakin' Carnac.) But we'd be drivable and get a bump with the current map. But a new tuning could provide an even better boost.
Last edited by Down2TheC on Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:12 am, edited 1 time in total.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Sat Mar 31, 2007 12:02 am

Im down if they cost 50 bucks.. lol.

Seriously though, Im in.
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby PXLpainter » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:37 am

Don't worry guys - I sure as heck won't be spending my hard-earned $$ on something like this unless it was REALLY worth it as well! ;)

I've got Phreak on-board on the side as well as getting some info from JP - I will definitely keep everyone posted, updated and informed. Any questions, just post 'em here and we'll try to address them as quickly as possible.
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:49 am

Down2TheC wrote:If you go to their site, you'll see they already have a Gen1 set. They claim "20-35whp on '99 V6 5 speed Solara with a TRD Supercharger."

That should be a decent benchmark for Sebas to hope for. As for the bend, It's gonna have to stay to some degree. We have a FWD car. The distance from exhaust valve to the union has to remain the same. So the back headers have to kill some ground before joining up with the front. Thus the bend. Making it wider/rounder can help, but we all should know by now (from Professor Phreak's class) that it's the mashing of the two into one with no increase in size that is killing our flow. Also we have one header that squishes flat to clear something in the engine bay. (I seem to recall... I'll look tomorrow to verify). Brian will swoop in if I've got this all wrong.

So Jeff... count me in. But please discuss the planned lifecycle of the development.
money - proto - dyno - go/nogo - more money - build - ship?

I mean... throw in a catback and we're talking s/c money. So it really has to bring some horses. Props for kicking this off.

Last question... are they going to deal with our O2's. I assume Gen1 had the same rig.

cp-e owners. We'll work with Josh to get a new map made even if I have to drive there for a weekend to do it. (My ride is the model for the '04-'05 a/f map.) Once a new map is available, programmable chips can be reflashed, standard chips would have to be swapped for a small fee. We'd send a deposit, they'd send the new chip, we return the old chip, they return the deposit and keep a bit for processing. That's the deal we hammered out during the proto. (Yes... I prepared for this eventuality. Get me I'm freakin' Carnac.) But we'd be drivable and get a bump with the current map. But a new tuning could provide an even better boost.

All right Down2 !!

I went to their site yesterday and I saw the 20-35 whp WITH a TRD S/C for Gen 1. Do numbers can be tweaked with the S/C...I mean the S/C take even more avantage of the free flow create by better headers/Y-pipe. My question is do you think guys that we can bring 20-35whp with our super atmospheric engine ? The potential is big...the promise is big, very interesting.

I saw I wasn't in the list....I must be unclear, again...haha I'm IN !!! ;)

Like you told...coming of Phreakd's book "How to cook a Solara"...the 3-1 or 3-2-1 have to exchange in some bigger pipe to un-restrict the flow. Well explained again !

For 2006 CPe- AFR, I think Jeff will be the man with some help and explanation (you must be glad to have bought the unable version !)

Have a noob question here...how the O2 simulator sensor works ?

Something pretty interesting in Aftermarket Gen 2 Forum... :o :o haha

Props for you Jeff "the pixel killa" !! 8)
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby tacti » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:07 am

Mike T is looking at this post with me and he said he wants it as well.
however he just wants headers, no Y-pipe.
for obvious reasons.
add him to the list!

Tact
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DatSRBoi » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:34 am

Truely a good company. You get what you pay for and this production and R&D of theirs are top of the line. Its even more R&D then the SC for our cars. Their quality are great and they back up their work and numbers unlike what TRD did to us.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby JMSinMaryland » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:54 am

Down2TheC wrote:I mean... throw in a catback and we're talking s/c money.

You're not talking S/C money because there is no S/C available for your car and any 1 off would cost you 5x as much. The TRD Supercharger than I have on my car adds like 40-50 hp with a 4psi pulley, they claimed 75 hp but nobody ever saw that. When the S/C's first came out we had a group buy where they were like $1800 shipped plus install so you were looking at at least $2500 installed. JP has never been the cheapest, but I've never seen a member complain about their quality, this is a real shop in the US making quality parts, not some cheap made in China part sold on e-bay. I don't think the Camry/Solara headers/y-pipe/exhaust was ever a big seller so I'm sure they'd want to see some money up-front to support the R&D, etc they'll have to go through.
17" Toyota Highlander Limited wheels for sale
http://www.tundrasolutions.com/forums/g ... ed-wheels/
JMSinMaryland
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:24 am

The Y-Pipe is going to be an important and integral part of the design - if its done correctly, it can be made so that the lengths from both sides are equalized without any restriction like the OEM has, and without any loss of low-end torque as others may have experienced with custom Ys.

This is what Phreak's concern may be as well - and something that will definitely be addressed with JPs engineering as we go through the R&D process.

PhreakdOut wrote:The UBend equalizes the length of pipe from manifold to the Y-joint on both the front side and back side manifolds. (To be equal, you add length to the rear manifold run.) This adds to the low end torque.

As far as quality is concerned, they're really solid and well made indeed:

Thanks for your comments and support guys... we have a long ways to go still. We need 9 more people as of today... at least we're in the single digits here! ;) :up:
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby nh3 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:05 am

This morning I had my exhaust shop fab me up a stainless magnaflow and cut out the big resonator. While on the lift I got a good look at the system and was amazed when I saw the oem y. What a joke. The 2 inlet pipes are literally crushed by half to fit the collector. What are you guys gonna do for cats?

nh3
2004 Artic Frost SE Sport V6 SOLD
nh3
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Astro » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:33 am

I've got the gen1 headers/y-pipe and I'll tell you they are worth every penny!!! High quality parts - for a premium price. But, like mentioned before....you get what you pay for :wink:
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Sebas007 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:43 am

CosmicGrooves wrote:Hmm... I may have to go in debt for this. :oops:

Anyone think they'll have trouble reconfiguring their CP-e?

I thought you wanted more power...there it is.

Approximative power with CP-e + future headers+Y-pipe (average of 20-35 whp) =28 whp = somewhere around 35 hp (calculated with 20% loss to the tranny) I will be near 280 hp...like Biggie, Mike, Jeff, Chris (what about Chris ? Does he read the thread yet ??)
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Ian » Sat Mar 31, 2007 5:29 pm

Astro wrote:I've got the gen1 headers/y-pipe and I'll tell you they are worth every penny!!! High quality parts - for a premium price. But, like mentioned before....you get what you pay for :wink:

Can you elaborate a little more on your recommendation? I'm curious as to the following, but add more if need be. Thanks

1. Performance

2. Sound
Ian
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Astro » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:37 pm

Ian wrote:
Astro wrote:I've got the gen1 headers/y-pipe and I'll tell you they are worth every penny!!! High quality parts - for a premium price. But, like mentioned before....you get what you pay for :wink:

Can you elaborate a little more on your recommendation? I'm curious as to the following, but add more if need be. Thanks

1. Performance

2. Sound

1. Even though I haven't dynoed, I can definately tell that extra pull it there. I can't wait until I get on the dyno, because every car has produced different numbers. I believe it's mainly due to everyone having different mods. I'm pretty sure that with the mods I've got, I should benefit with around 25-30 extra HP. It doesn't sound like alot when you look at the price, but look at horror stories of bad headers. Ericsol, a former member here, worked at the company and helped in getting these produced. If you notice, the guys with the big money under the hood all have JPP headers...

2. Man, the sound is deep. I love the throatyness to it. With my setup, dual Magnaflow catback, it definately loses that 'weak' import sound. I really would love to use the JPP catback exhaust, but I love my duals. When you get on it, it's very mean sounding. If you're looking to tighen/deepen the sound, this is the way to go.
It's fun watching people stare as I go by wondering what kind of car was that. 8)
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro

Postby crispone » Sat Mar 31, 2007 8:17 pm

I'M IN ! ! ! ! !

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5