[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO

Postby Biggi_e » Sat Nov 17, 2007 12:07 pm

sounds good to me. thanks jeff!!
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby [SMAN] » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:03 pm

So does this mean that if we plan on doing both of these mods, we should forgo the expensive cpe and get a basic short ram since were going to be replacing the MAF anyways?
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PXLpainter » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:15 pm

I can't say for other intakes precisely, but should be fine with this tuning nonetheless...

I'd still go for the CP-e only get the basic one instead of the tunable version since you won't even be using their MAF unit anyways.

We'll get the instructions for install from Split Second before these go out the door.

As far as track times, I'm hoping to break 15 sec now. :up:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:18 pm

PXLpainter wrote:I can't say for other intakes precisely, but should be fine with this tuning nonetheless...

I'd still go for the CP-e only get the basic one instead of the tunable version since you won't even be using their MAF unit anyways.

We'll get the instructions for install from Split Second before these go out the door.

:o It's total fury !!! :D haha cut 1 full second...if so I will become JPP representative...like I was for CP-e ! (Total irony here :P ) !
You feel confident...1 thing is sure if you want to make a good time avoid spinning the wheel too much ;) haha

It's becoming really interesting !!! :)
Last edited by Sebas007 on Sun Nov 18, 2007 6:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Sat Nov 17, 2007 1:53 pm

Sebas007 wrote:
PXLpainter wrote:I can't say for other intakes precisely, but should be fine with this tuning nonetheless...

:o It's total fury !!! :D haha cut 1 full second...if so I will become JPP representative...like I was for CP-e ! (Total irony here :P ) !
You feel in confidence...1 thing is sure if you want to make a good time avoid spinning the wheel too much ;) haha

It's becoming really interesting !!! :)

Yeah - I'd want new tires and leave it in D the whole time I think instead of trying to manually "upshift" and risk the over-rev kicking in. Should I leave traction control on or off? I'll make sure AC is off and I've removed the spare from the trunk too - but not much you can do about the extra weight of the convertible chassis or the aerodynamic loss of the rag top. :-?
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Sat Nov 17, 2007 2:14 pm

^^^

Dont forget to set the temp at red hot to eliminate most of the hot air under the hood...with the AC and fan turned off. I used the stick to control the shifting time....closer to red line...but sometime I miss...have to anticipate the lag ! haha Probably do a safe first run with on the D. All the rest you mentionned is good ! The quality of tires make a huge difference...and also...it is better less inflate than more inflate...if you can bring down the PSI in the tires you will get more grip ! :)
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Down2TheC » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:10 am

Hey Jeff, you're going to have to let them tweak a SplitSecond tune for a 2.75" pipe (your injen or OEM). Otherwise the tuning they did for you is only good with a 3.5" pipe and there's only one place to get that. And they aren't going to sell the pipe alone I'd guess. They can create that tuning map very easily since it's a direct linear conversion. They might not even need a test car.

So I guess now is the time to discuss getting a MAFci tune done by cp-e. If you have any specs on the SplitSecond box you have that say it's something more than an AFC, please share. But it sounds like it's just that. In which case cp-e could tune up a map for the headers. Of course that's only if JPP will still sell the package without the AFC. They may have a deal with SS.

And one warning for the track. Don't tell them at check-in that you want to break 15 seconds. At my local track <15 requires full roll bar for a ragtop and a helmet. And I checked, they didn't consider our headrests to count as a roll bar. Has to extend over the drivers head. (Plus I think you're dreamin'. Coupe might make it though.)
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby [SMAN] » Sun Nov 18, 2007 10:26 am

my stock coupe came close to the 15 second mark over the summer, i don't see why i would have a problem braking it with the mods listed.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sebas007 » Sun Nov 18, 2007 11:45 am

[SMAN] wrote:my stock coupe came close to the 15 second mark over the summer, i don't see why i would have a problem braking it with the mods listed.

Convertible are slower due to their weight and maybe their soft suepension.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby CosmicGrooves » Sun Nov 18, 2007 1:02 pm

This is very exciting!

How might these headers do on a stock intake or a much cheaper injen intake? The CPe is nice, but not worth the price if we don't need the mafci thing.
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sebas007 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:31 am

PXLpainter wrote:What he said ^^

Or, you can get a custom setup like a box from Split Second or something - will run you about $700 for a dyno tune with box.

Much cheaper to go with a CP-e and a tuned MAF unit

Or spring for the JPP Headers/Y-pipe and the Split Second box combo! :up: :D

Ok...now if I understand

It will be

1400$ for the JPP setup
+
700$ for Slipt Second tuned box (200$ box /500$ dyno time ???)

What about the Drag racing runs ?? :P Hurry to see some results :D
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Down2TheC » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:02 am

They haven't set a price for the tuned SS box, but I imagine they'll package it with the JPP headers just like cp-e packages thrit tuned box with the intake. Is that the plan Jeff? So they'll distribute the cost of the tune in the price of the product.

Jeff was talking about if you just bough an SS box and had it tuned for your car.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Sebas007 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 11:07 am

^^^

Could be a good option but those unit has to be tuneable like the CP-E tuneable version...to let people all over North America do their own tune at their local dyno shop or so. Let see how it will end up :)
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:18 pm

SS Box will be additional - I got it down to about $200 already tuned for CP-e and Injen/OEM intakes, but it will be a tunable box (better interface design than CP-e from what I understand).

I'll bug JP about the additional price for making his Headers/Y-pipe work only with teh SS box and maybe we can get him to give us a little more of a break on the set.

No track times yet until I can find a track and the time to go get a run recorded! ;)
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Thu Nov 29, 2007 3:37 pm

It is good to know that the SS box is pre-tuned for the CP-e...don't forget the CP-e on 2006 model haven't the same tune has for 04-05 model.

I'm curious to know how it will work the CP-e and SS boxes in sequence ?

For the runs....I suggest you to do 2-3 runs...if you want to do a great time or just have more meat to do an average with after...
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5