[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO

Postby Down2TheC » Wed Jul 18, 2007 4:56 am

http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Sebas007 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:15 am

Less say the
low end is 2000 RPM
low-mid range is 3000 RPM
high-mid range is 4000 RPM
high end is 6200 RPM

Yep the important thing here is to not lose TOO much power on low end and low-mid but gain the same amount of power lost on the low end + 10% (something like it) more power at high-mid to high end. It's like trade-in the power range. I don't know if it is possible to not lose power at low end and win at high end...I'm sure not, it is making no sense to me. There is a choice to make.

So, I think that it would be ok to lose 10% power at low end but earn 11.1% (10% of 11% = 1.1%) at high-mid range to high end. So the 1st gear would be useful now instead to just be a too short 1st gear !! ;)
Anyway the gearing of 1st gear is the shortest of all Toyota gearing...bottom line TORQUE as HELL !! Once the car is rollin you can keep it OVER high-mid rev and keep this power gain thru the rest of the gears !

Did I ate Crispo-soup !?? :P Yeah 1-2 spoons !

What do you think guys ?
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Sebas007 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 5:18 am

Down2TheC wrote:Image

It is your prediction ?? 11.1 hp ? :P
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Wed Jul 18, 2007 10:48 am

Jeff, your car sounds crazy man!!!!!!!!! LOL, I thought you were going to hit my ride yesterday!!!
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Sebas007 » Wed Jul 18, 2007 11:35 am

Hey Milt can you give us an idea of wihch car sound mixture the JPP exhaust setup give ?? Example an more American Z350 or a Japanesse Mustang ??

I acknowledge a video clip of outside the car...mainly behind the car would talk much more.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Sebas007 » Wed Jul 25, 2007 9:09 am

Do JPP guys figure it out about the low end power lost ?
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby philosophicaljt » Mon Jul 30, 2007 7:23 am

UPDATE WANTED! lol. Seriously. Thanks.
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:57 am

Still waiting for JP Performance on this one - I've been sending them emails and leaving voice messages. I guess part of it is waiting for the guys at Split Second (who are doing the O2 Sims and Dynos) to get us worked into their schedule to test.

Trust me - as soon as I have info, I will post! ;) :up:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 11:58 am

Good to have an update ! :wink:
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Thu Aug 02, 2007 4:33 pm

Sebas007 wrote:Hey Milt can you give us an idea of wihch car sound mixture the JPP exhaust setup give ?? Example an more American Z350 or a Japanesse Mustang ??

I acknowledge a video clip of outside the car...mainly behind the car would talk much more.

Its hard to compare it to another car...... I am waiting on Jeff to go out for a canyon run, take some better clips....
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Sebas007 » Thu Aug 02, 2007 6:01 pm

---CAMRAZY--- wrote:
Sebas007 wrote:Hey Milt can you give us an idea of wihch car sound mixture the JPP exhaust setup give ?? Example an more American Z350 or a Japanesse Mustang ??

Its hard to compare it to another car...... I am waiting on Jeff to go out for a canyon run, take some better clips....

Cool !! Good idea !

How goes your 3MZ swap ?? Does it is done ?? Adding the TRD SC on ?? haha :wink:
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Sebas007 » Fri Aug 17, 2007 7:49 am

Do you JPP and Split Second guys agreed on a official dyno testing start date yet ?? My intake setup will be ready soon...I'm making a heatshield "box" proto to complete my work, I will maybe mold it in CF. Hope to hear about the JPP setup soon !!
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Aug 21, 2007 5:07 pm

Okay - I FINALLY got ahold of the guy at Split Second today. He's got me coming in for an eval tomorrow am. I'll let you guys know what I find out. He'll want to schedule to have my car for a full day once they decide what they want to do. It may be a matter of tuning alone or a combo of tweaking the Y-pipe/tuning. He said over the phone that they might even disconnect the CP-e MAFci unit and have total control of the ECU with their electronics - not sure how that will pan-out but if that's what needs to be done, then I'm all for it! :up: ;)

Like I said - will know a bit more tomorrow and will post the updates as I know them...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Aug 22, 2007 4:42 pm

Okay - just got back from Split Second.

Good news/Bad news...

First the Good news... :)
They can do a custom tune for the SRI and headers/Y-pipe and load it into a piggy-back module that can be user-installed and sold as part of the header/Y-pipe package. These are the guys who also made the O2 Sim that JPP is using with this setup.

Then - the bad news... :(
Looks like those of us who spent $ on the tunable MAFci from CP-e may have wasted some money if we go this route. You might get some similar results futzing with the CP-e module on your own, but no guarantees on performance figures.
Also - those who might consider running this setup with the OEM airbox might not have the same results. You will need at least an Injen, CP-e, Weapon-R or similar SRI/CAI for the flow to be even enough to give the best performance.
It will also add about $100 to the cost of the total system and you will definitely need to remove your CP-e MAFci box when you install this one. The hook-up will be somewhat similar, but the pre-programmed tuning will be set in the box provided. I will check to see if they will have a tunable version that the user can tweak as well.

Next step - I have to schedule a time where I can leave the car for a couple days for them to tune/dyno/test the programming and cough up some $$ to pay for all that (about $750) so I'm gonna have to wait a couple weeks until I get some more $$ in. If anybody would like to contribute a few $ via PayPal to help the cause, that would be greatly appreciated - and might speed up the process as well!

We're getting closer to having some REAL numbers really soon guys! :up:
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Thu Aug 23, 2007 5:33 am

Nice to hear about you !! :)

One thing I experienced at the dyno shop...it is also written in the CP-e installation manual...do not attemp to run the CP-e SRI without the piggyback. We, I and the dyno tech, stay speechless when we see it make the mixture so lean that it can be dangerous. Still searching why it reacted that way...you can give a try...at least read again the CP-e manual, you can aware them (dyno guys) about the danger.

I'll surely send you some $$...but I'm also in big decision period...might buy a house...so the amount of my contribution might be less.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5