[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Jan 23, 2008 1:37 am

Yeah - gotta get that resolved first and stabilized - then find a shop up here since I'm moving outta SoCal for good next month. Gotta find a 1/4 mi track up this way to do some runs as well.
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 8:06 pm

sebas007 wrote:Hi guys,

Jeff give us your e-mail address on Solaraguy.com and post some pics of your exhaust system.
I have the same setup as Jeff had. CP-e SRI with the tuneable piggy pack.

I have some question for you:

- Do the Slipt Second unit use the same wires and same connections as for the CP-e ??

- During summer 2006, I went to CP-e facilities from Montreal, Quebec, Canada, to be there test car.
The issue was that the '04-05 ECU seems to be different form the the '06. So they tune their product on my car for the '06 models.
Seem split Second tune their stuff on a '06 model too...I think there will be a little issue with '04-05.
I could help you in this to find the difference by sending you the 2 mapping the '04-05 one and the 2006 on the other hand. also including the CP-e program to read those text file.
I think with those, you could know where are the difference witht he RPM and throttle axis.

- What is the price for the complete setup + SS box ? What are the shipping fees to send it to Canada ??
Thanks

JPP (Jose's) answer

I have no idea what Mark at split second uses but his number is 949 863 1359. As far as the tuning it is good to know that there’s difference but we are not tuning shop I always try and help head the customer in the right direction. As I am sure you know by you’re reading your email headers work but they really work when you tune. I try and tell the customer to complete the circle. If you get the motor to breath better you need to let more air in and more fuel in. I get on the ups and find out what it cost to ship.

Thanks Jose
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby alan8888 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 12:59 pm

so any price right now ?
alan8888
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sebas007 » Thu Jan 24, 2008 1:36 pm

From the first post of the thread.

PLXPainter wrote:All stainless/TIG welded JP Headers and Y Pipe - $1400. (plus S/H)
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Sebas007 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 12:50 pm

Any plans to go test the JPP exhaust setup on the track ?? The average of 3-4 runs would be perfect to conclude what so ever.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:19 pm

No current plans to the track yet.

Besides having to find time to get the ride back to Split Second to resolve the CEL probs, I'm in the middle of moving this month and every available moment and penny I have is spent on packing and transporting crap to the new locale on weekends. After I get settled, I hope to get some time and specifics. Sorry for the delays... life happens. :(
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Thu Feb 14, 2008 1:24 pm

PXLpainter wrote:No current plans to the track yet.

Besides having to find time to get the ride back to Split Second to resolve the CEL probs, I'm in the middle of moving this month and every available moment and penny I have is spent on packing and transporting crap to the new locale on weekends. After I get settled, I hope to get some time and specifics. Sorry for the delays... life happens. :(

No problem Jeff...still winter over here. We receive crazy amount of stupid snow this year and it will continue for at least 1 month !! :evil:

I'm still curious about it tho ! ;)
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby white_solara » Tue Feb 26, 2008 6:42 pm

was just wondering if the group buy for the header is still on? lol FINALLY..i have saved enough for the headers! lol
white_solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Feb 26, 2008 11:22 pm

Yep - read back...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Down2TheC » Wed Feb 27, 2008 4:36 pm

So are you planning on some performance test (track or dyno) still?
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Sebas007 » Fri Feb 29, 2008 11:27 am

Down2TheC wrote:So are you planning on some performance test (track or dyno) still?

This would prove without any doubts if the product worth it or not.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Mar 02, 2008 1:58 am

Okay... time to lock the thread. You can buy the headers if you want to - JP will honor the GB price, but I have no additional info to give you guys at this time. I no longer have the money or time to continue this experiment and will probably return to stock if they can't resolve the CEL issues. Problem is, I have no idea when I can even do that since I relocated north about 2+ hours. It's been frustrating to say the least. :-?

If anything changes I'll start a new thread.

If you stumble across this read back a page or two... everything I know and have experienced is in there.

Good luck! :up:

UPDATE 2-08:

YES - you can still get this deal directly from JP Performance - it's no longer a "Group Buy". Read the last few pages to see what I have experienced. I'm no longer able to keep testing this product or the electronics that Split Second provided.
NO - I don't have dyno numbers or any further info to give you... contact JP Performance for more info at: (714)754-6977 or jpperformance@sbcglobal.net
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Apr 09, 2008 12:18 pm

UPDATE 4-08:

PLEASE read FIRST POST for info on cost and availability...

Checked out at JPP again today and they replaced a gasket. Came over to Split Second and they found that the rear O2 sensor is reading errors, which mean the problem in in the O2 Sims so they are custom building new sims for this setup and that should solve the tuning issues.

Once that's done, I will bring the car back in and get a dyno run on it.

Still keeping this thread locked to keep noise down. Will start a new thread once everything is resolved.

Will update at next step :up:
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PXLpainter » Fri Jun 13, 2008 6:22 pm

**UPDATE 6/13/08

Okay - so Friday the 13th was a lucky one for a couple of us SG-ers... Michael T got "juiced" and dyno'd HUGE... and I got a new computer from Split Second that seems to have resolved my issues with the O2 sensors - at least for now! :up: :D

I've taken my ride back in 3 times this week to get these issues resolved. I've been keeping a diary of my driving habits and what seems to cause the CELs - all of which trigger events in the rear sensors. I've been monitoring and resetting the CELs with the Scan Tool and reporting them all back to Mark at Split Second. He built a new tunable box for me and they have been tweaking and tuning like crazy this week!

So right now, the beast seems to perform better than ever now - even just leaving it in "D" it down-shifts quicker & earlier and responds snappier than before - and I'm getting an average of 24mpg overall - vs the 17mpg I was getting before! (I actually got nearly 30 on a 70mph flat, straight cruise coming home last night) But, those numbers include my usual jackrabbit starts and curvy road-carving up and down the mountain to Ojai every day and leaving it in D instead of constant "sport-shift" mode. Now I will run a tank in my normal aggressive "sport shift" mode and see how it works, but I tell ya, I just don't have to mash it to the floor as much anymore for it to respond now!

So - I'm close to getting another stab at the dyno once this is settled in and report those numbers back soon! Of course, it won't come close to Michael's numbers on juice or any other FI tactics, but the trade up for increased performance overall is so worth the investment of time and $!! :up:

Once this is a done deal, then he can clone this black box for use with any CP-e/JPP setup and you'll all get to benefit from my trailblazing efforts! ;)

Stay "tuned" for more updates soon! :bday:
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Sebas007 » Fri Jun 13, 2008 7:16 pm

Great job...patience and faith ! :)

Let's mix both achievement together

JPP exhaust system + Nitrous Oxyde System as Master Mike T ! A real possible project for someone...maybe like me ?? 8) Let's go for a treasure quest somewhere...need some $$ ! The odds are better for next year.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5