[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO

This looks GREAT!!

Postby SolaraDevil » Sun Aug 03, 2008 6:51 pm

PXLpainter wrote:Okay - here's a few photos...

Gotta edit some video to get a couple clips up later...

Front Header:

O2 Simulator at the bottom:

New Y Pipe & High-flow Cat (included):

Where can I buy that? How much?$$$$$

ANd what intake is that?
SolaraDevil
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Aug 03, 2008 7:17 pm

^^ Whoa dood - try reading the first post in the thread! :o

Might wanna do a bit more looking around here too before posting... you'll find all the answers you seek. ;)
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Wraith » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:55 am

I wonder if these will fit a 2006 Sienna ... I mean it has a 3mz-fe in it ... So why not ????
to View photo album
screen name:guestvisitor
password: pass
THEWraith Pics
MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/335453
Wraith
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Biggi_e » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:38 am

Wraith wrote:I wonder if these will fit a 2006 Sienna ... I mean it has a 3mz-fe in it ... So why not ????

the headers might but i dont think the ypipe will
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Wraith » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:56 am

Biggi_e wrote:
Wraith wrote:I wonder if these will fit a 2006 Sienna ... I mean it has a 3mz-fe in it ... So why not ????

the headers might but i dont think the ypipe will

how much just for the headers ????
to View photo album
screen name:guestvisitor
password: pass
THEWraith Pics
MySpace:
http://www.myspace.com/335453
Wraith
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Biggi_e » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:29 am

not sure but you can contact jpp and see wsup. i say with the orginal price in the group buy on page 1 was 1400 plus s&h. since theres no group buy anymore i would say its atleast 400+ just for the headers.
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby v6secamry » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:05 pm

hi was anyone beside Jeff, actually brought the ypipe and headers yet?

thanks
v6secamry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby v6secamry » Thu Sep 25, 2008 10:52 am

i spoke to jose at jp performance, the parts are available. He states, the ypipe and headers would increase the whp by at least 20.

edit: i spoke to split second too. They will only sell the electronic part but they will not tune, jeff was an exception.
v6secamry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby v6secamry » Mon Sep 29, 2008 7:29 pm

... it seem like in the end its too much money for everyone such as myself

1600 for the ypipe and headers from Jp performance
257 for the split second PSC1-001 unit
150+ for tuning else where...

thanks jeff for trying
v6secamry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PXLpainter » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:26 pm

Split Second will install the same tuning that I had - if you're running a CP-e intake that's all you need!

And WTF is JP selling for $1600 now? :o He said he'd honor $1400 for SG members! Did you tell him that?
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby v6secamry » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:39 pm

yeah i told split second that I have the cp-e intake and if they could not load the stuff for me(2004 3mz-fe). But they said, they do not do tuning. Your case was an exception because it was joint project with JP performance. Therefore I would have the buy the unit from them and have it tune else where. Jose said the headers and ypipe hasnt sold well and he said it 1599 despite the groupbuy price....

edit: crap i meant could not load the map from jeff** sorry typo
Last edited by v6secamry on Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:32 am, edited 3 times in total.
v6secamry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Sebas007 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 5:05 am

I guess Jeff is right but there would be a little difference because the 04-05 CP-e mapping is different of the 06. Jeff has the 06 mapping on his CP-e...the same as mine. I was the test car in Beltsville, MD in July '06.
I think you would have to do some tuning. It is sad that JPP decided to go with SS, just because I think the CP-e can do the job. However, JPP are more confortable with SS product. I mean we could use the mapping and tune for the community.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Sebas007 » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:30 am

Jose is claiming 20 whp. This is tramedeous ! Do you Jeff really feel this big improvement ??
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Sep 30, 2008 9:25 pm

Guys - first off, I'm sorry about the Split Second thing... they first told me they could just dupe my tuning onto another box they'd sell, but I guess since there is a difference between 04-06 then that makes sense. In THIS case, I would just get the CP-e box re-tuned by someone local and forget the SS box altogether!

Also too bad nobody else went for the JP headers though - despite all my efforts in trying to get it all to work out, without being able to get hard numbers, people don't want to risk the investment for sound alone - and "butt dyno" results - LOL!

It took me MONTHS to get the tuning right, and I still ended up sacrificing a little off the bottom end (no more 2nd gear wheel chirps or burnouts off the straight line) but all in all better overall (noticeable) performance over stock (compared to the 07 rental Solaras I've driven at least) - but honestly, it's been so long since my ride was stock, I couldn't tell you just how much.

I do have Dynolicious set up and if I can find a good straight and flat stretch of road to test it on without a big load in the car, I will report my numbers. So far with minimal testing, I've gotten down to 15.1 quarter mile, but that was a loaded trunk and AC on.

*edit: one more thing, since my last tune and no real change in driving habits, I'm now getting between 22-28mpg average - lots of windy roads and downshifting plus hilly highway miles. One trip to Las Vegas I had a 20 mile stretch where I got 33mpg averaging about 85mph, but it was straight and flat.
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby v6secamry » Tue Sep 30, 2008 10:00 pm

well even if member has an 2006, split second wont load the tuning from jeff's car...They said the original plan was to make a bunch loaded boxes and sell it with the headers and ypipe and modify if needed. But since the interest was very low, split second decided not to. Therefore, they would only sell the empty boxes. Thanks though jeff for all your efforts.
v6secamry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5