[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - HISTORY & INFO

Postby Sebas007 » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:13 am

PXLpainter wrote:I do have Dynolicious set up and if I can find a good straight and flat stretch of road to test it on without a big load in the car, I will report my numbers. So far with minimal testing, I've gotten down to 15.1 quarter mile, but that was a loaded trunk and AC on.

Nice numbers...other ragtop were able to do high 15's and you do low 15's. I guess we can say you improve your quarter mile by around 3/4 of seconds ! It is a huge improvement.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:51 am

v6secamry wrote:well even if member has an 2006, split second wont load the tuning from jeff's car...They said the original plan was to make a bunch loaded boxes and sell it with the headers and ypipe and modify if needed. But since the interest was very low, split second decided not to. Therefore, they would only sell the empty boxes. Thanks though jeff for all your efforts.

Bummer man - I paid over $700 for the first box with tunings and original dyno tune which gave us fucgged up results. :( I really don't see why they won't just load my last tuning in a box when they sell one... it doesn't take much to do it and I paid for the damn tunings! I may have to call Mark and see WTF is going on there.
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PXLpainter » Fri Jul 31, 2009 10:39 pm

FWIW - I'm getting rid of the JPP setup in the next week or so. Cracked twice from stress fractures and now the torque has busted the flex pipe so I have another nasty leak throwing CELS.

Going back to stock until I trade in the 'Lara. It's been fun anyways... here's to passing the torch on to some other daring soul! :)
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby GzNutz » Sat Aug 01, 2009 4:24 am

Where did the stress fractures occur?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Sat Aug 01, 2009 11:31 am

GzNutz wrote:Where did the stress fractures occur?

One was at the base of a rear down-pipe - the other I can't recall. The current is the inner flex connector split. Not sure if maybe torque rods might help engine movement or not - something to consider IMO.

Remember though that mine was prototype #1 - not full production model. ;)
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Aug 04, 2009 9:39 am

Here's your chance to mine for FREE!!

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?p=538232#538232

*NOTE: Jose at JP said he'd replace the flex section and check for any hairlines that may be present before installing/shipping.
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Re: ***Gen 2 V6 - JPP Headers & Y Pipe - Moving Forward

Postby PXLpainter » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:42 am

PXLpainter wrote:*** UPDATED PICS Pg 15!! :up:

HEY!! New updates on 6/13/08: See Pg 25...

UPDATE 8-08:

YES - you can still get this deal directly from JP Performance - it's no longer a "Group Buy". Read the last few pages to see what I have experienced. I'm no longer able to keep testing this product or the electronics that Split Second provided.
NO - I don't have dyno numbers or any further info to give you... contact JP Performance for more info at: (714)754-6977 or jpperformance@sbcglobal.net

*ORIGINAL POST:

Hey guys - I know that group buys don't always work so well here, but I'm going to open this up to several forums to see if we can get a decent response collectively!

Here's the deal:

All stainless/TIG welded JP Headers and Y Pipe - $1400. (plus S/H)

(Original list removed)

*Update 8-09: Please see Milt or Posh about the headers I had installed at this point... since they're on their Gen 2 now! :up:
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Aug 12, 2009 9:59 am

ahhh! lucky basterds. at least i'll be able to see it at next week's socal meet. yes?
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Taido » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:30 am

So now they have the only "TRD" Grille prototype AND the only JP Headers for the V6... Among other unique mods.
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Aug 12, 2009 11:44 am

Taido wrote:So now they have the only "TRD" Grille prototype AND the only JP Headers for the V6... Among other unique mods.

I believe Garrett (Gz) also has the headers. PXL's hard efforts in getting the cp-e to be tuned to work with the headers is what made his setup truly unique.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Taido » Wed Aug 12, 2009 2:49 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:
Taido wrote:So now they have the only "TRD" Grille prototype AND the only JP Headers for the V6... Among other unique mods.

I believe Garrett (Gz) also has the headers. PXL's hard efforts in getting the cp-e to be tuned to work with the headers is what made his setup truly unique.

I stand corrected. Thanks. :)
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:12 pm

Taido wrote:
yaddadaimsayin wrote:

I stand corrected. Thanks. :)

Please see the first post and read through the entire thread for pics, info and more. CAMRAZY & PoshPepper currently have my old setup on their Gen2 Coupe.

:drinking:
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5