[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - R1 Concepts Rotors: E-Line vs. Premium
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

R1 Concepts Rotors: E-Line vs. Premium

R1 Concepts Rotors: E-Line vs. Premium

Postby cklinh » Fri Apr 11, 2008 7:43 am

This is probably somewhere on their website, but it wasn't readily apparent. Since we've been discussing R1 Concepts rotors, no one has really known the difference between the two products. So, for you guys that are thinking about it, here's the difference.

Found the following during a search:

http://www.g35driver.com/forums/showpos ... stcount=65

If you wanted a "rust protected rotor", our e-line rotor that is fully zinced, will do you right. Now, if you wanted a stronger rotor, then the premium is the way to go.

There are also these images that I'd never seen before today... (must not have been paying too much attention).

Premium:

E-Line:
2004 Solara SLE V6 - Cosmic Blue Metallic
cklinh
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby anwagbo3000 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 8:31 am

Yeah, I saw that as well, the premiums were to much for the direction I was going, I mean I wanted more stopping power but the premiums were to expensive at the time, the e-line is prolly just as good as the premiums though

If you get the premiums then let us know what you think of them, e-line is prolly more than enough for you depending on how much braking power you want

But again, the braking power that I am experiencing with the e-line is pretty good, better than oem, I am planing on going to a large parking lot and really testing their stopping ability over the weekend
The three L's....Let Life Lead........
anwagbo3000
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sebas007 » Fri Apr 11, 2008 9:55 am

I've the preminum but I never tried E-line...I cannot talk too much. Jeff have the E-line and he likes them !! The best would be to test 60-0 with stock with E-line and with Preminum with the same car but keeping 30-60 minutes between test to cool parts. HAha it sounds really a crazy idea but it is the only way to REALLY know. I remember mine had a "break-in" period. The first 50-100 stops are important to not brake too hard.
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby SoLarry » Mon Feb 08, 2010 4:07 pm

Hi guys

I find that I am in desperate need of a new set of rotors and pads on the rear of my 04 Solara. I'm looking at buying a pair of rotors and pads from r1concepts.com but not sure what to get. I do mostly city stop and go driving and don't consider myself an aggressive braker. For the rotors I'm looking at the R1 Concepts Eline Stock OEQ at $50.00 a pair. For the brake pads I'm not sure if I should go with the Posi Quiet Semi-Metallic Extended Wear, The Posi Quiet Ceramic Formula, or the Stock OEM Brake Pads that they sell. They're all priced in the mid 30's so price isn't a factor.....any suggestions?
1991 Oldsmobile Toronado

2004 Toyota Solara SE
SoLarry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby [SMAN] » Wed Feb 10, 2010 10:29 am

if you don't want break dust or noise, get ceramics. Metallics will give you better stopping distance, but they wear out quicker and are louder.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5