[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gen-6 '07 Camry HID Kit (VVME)
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Gen-6 '07 Camry HID Kit (VVME)

Gen-6 '07 Camry HID Kit (VVME)

Postby chrono807 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 6:58 am

I think I'm going to order an H11 HID kit from VVME, like the one I was looking at for the Solara when I had that. From what I've read, the Camry and Solara's projector housings seem to keep a good cutoff without too much extra glare as long as you plug the squirrel spotters.

Should I order the relay kit to install the HIDs, or can the Camry's stock wiring handle the voltage needed to ignite the capsules? Does the fact that my car is still under warranty change anyone's opinion on whether or not to use a relay kit?
chrono807
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby philosophicaljt » Sun Aug 31, 2008 3:49 pm

get the relay. It can handle it, but it's harder on the ballast without it.
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby chrono807 » Sun Aug 31, 2008 4:39 pm

philosophicaljt wrote:get the relay. It can handle it, but it's harder on the ballast without it.

Sounds like a plan to me. It's only $10 more anyway. If I order the relay kit from Mydepots.com (seller of VVME kits) it comes pre-wired for an H11 and I only need to connect the pos/neg cables to the battery right?
chrono807
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby philosophicaljt » Wed Sep 03, 2008 3:50 pm

pretty much, yeah, its well worth it :)
2004 Solara SLE V6
Search
philosophicaljt
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LostSoul » Fri Oct 10, 2008 5:27 pm

what would happen if i dont use relay kit? thanks
LostSoul
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Oct 10, 2008 6:16 pm

nothing unless something like short? happens
something like that haha
cuz im not running a relay on my vvme HIDS
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Aotoyota » Fri Oct 10, 2008 9:54 pm

LostSoul wrote:what would happen if i dont use relay kit? thanks

potentially melt the wires. the relay pulls power direct from the battery to the ballasts using thicker than oem wires. the effect, is more current and the piece of mind that nothing will happen to your oem wiring.

for the $10 its the best thing to do for your hids..
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LostSoul » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:00 pm

i only see the relay kit for the h11 anyone know where i can get the h10 relay kit?? thanks!
LostSoul
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re:

Postby calendar1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:32 am

chrono807 wrote:
philosophicaljt wrote:get the relay. It can handle it, but it's harder on the ballast without it.

Sounds like a plan to me. It's only $10 more anyway. If I order the relay kit from Mydepots.com (seller of VVME kits) it comes pre-wired for an H11 and I only need to connect the pos/neg cables to the battery right?

which VVME h11 hid do you order from them ?

most of VVME single beam hids including h11 replace relay harness by two power cables except the new relay harness hid kit (h11/h8 relay harness hid kit)

http://www.vvme.com/relay-harness-h8-hi ... h=44_45_24
it contains 2 power calbes and 1 relay harness ...

just as you said, yep, the power calbes are attached to the battery....
calendar1
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re:

Postby calendar1 » Tue Oct 12, 2010 1:35 am

chrono807 wrote:

umm, both mydepots.com and vvme.com are the same provider of hid kit.......
calendar1
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5