[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Finally slamming(okay just lowering) the car. some questions
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Finally slamming(okay just lowering) the car. some questions

Finally slamming(okay just lowering) the car. some questions

Postby BadAngel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 6:35 am

Okay so I'm finally going to lower my car after new rims and an annoying gap but i have a couple questions and concerns first.

-First I have 18x8 Tork Imagine rims at (either 20 or 40 mm offset i have to check and make sure but i believe its 40) am i going to run into rubbing problems, and if so how would i remedy this?

-Second, I have a 2004 v6 SLE and i really want to tighten up the suspension to make the car handle better at the same time... should i get stiffer shocks with my new springs to achieve this effect or what? any suggestions would be great.

-Third, I'm planning on just getting the TRD lowering springs. Is there a better option than this? I found them here:
http://www.trdsparks.com/displayparts.p ... rts_id=231

I think this is a good price... what do you guys think?

Any suggestions/experiences/input would be very greatly appreciated guys and thanks for taking the time to read!

-Rob
Last edited by BadAngel on Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby [SMAN] » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:10 am

for prices on TRD parts, talk to reggie. He can usualy hook you up with a better part. If your getting the TRD springs, you should get stiffer struts, however that might be a challenge as it seems the only confirmed stiffer struts are the SE Sport ones. I've only seen aftermarket ones for the regular setting found on the SE and most SLE editions. A TRD Rear Sway Bar will also stiffen things up aswell. But talk to reggie and see what he can do for a price. Ohh, and TRD springs won't "slam" the car, to do that, you'll need atleast coilovers or airbags or something like that.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BadAngel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:26 am

okay so i exadurated a bit lol... shoulda just said lowered hahahha
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Dawgz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:40 am

Its gonna look pretty dope!

I bet ur gonna miss that 4x4 look...:-P
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby BadAngel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:42 am

Dawgz wrote:Its gonna look pretty dope!

I bet ur gonna miss that 4x4 look...:-P

lol... jerk
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Mon Apr 27, 2009 12:57 pm

no rubbing
i have 18X8 with 40 offset if i remember correctly and i dont rub
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby BadAngel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 2:56 pm

cool... not even when you have the car loaded up with people or go over a nice dip?
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:39 pm

only time i had to make peolpe get out was on a really sharp driveway....
i was rubbing and scrapping and got stuck lol
but on big bumps/dips i go slowly and dont have any problems rubbing
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby BadAngel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 3:59 pm

cool thanks.... im trying to figure out the offset but i keep coming up with diff numbers.... according to the site they come in 20mm and 40mm and according to my measurements its 38... so im gonna go with what the site says... 40mm
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Maniax » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:26 pm

How much did u get those rims for?lol.Theyre very clean.
Maniax
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby GzNutz » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:34 pm

If you are going to get stiffer shocks, then why not go with the tein coilover set up?

Also- what size tires do you have?
I changed from 45's to 50's for a smoother ride and instantly got rubbing in the rears. A few mallet hits later and no rubbing at all.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Aotoyota » Mon Apr 27, 2009 4:59 pm

kyb shocks are avail for the gen 2 . I have them paired with the trd springs.

or go tein. i went trd because i didnt want to be that low.. just lowered.
:lol:
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BadAngel » Mon Apr 27, 2009 8:07 pm

Im not about to drop 1300 on coilovers >.<

Maniax wrote:How much did u get those rims for?lol.Theyre very clean.

uhh i got them off of Craigs list... payed 500 for all four rims and three good tires... on wheelsnext that setup is over 1100 new

GzNutz wrote:If you are going to get stiffer shocks, then why not go with the tein coilover set up?

Also- what size tires do you have?
I changed from 45's to 50's for a smoother ride and instantly got rubbing in the rears. A few mallet hits later and no rubbing at all.

uhh they r Nexen n3000's 245/40ZR18 tires... i don't really care about ride smooth-ness that much honestly I'm used to corvettes and the porsche which are stiff as crap i don't mind all that much...
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Tue Apr 28, 2009 4:36 am

That was a great pick up for that price.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby BadAngel » Wed Apr 29, 2009 12:42 pm

any other suggestions guys?

-Rob
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5