[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Rims
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Rims

Rims

Postby BesI » Sat May 02, 2009 8:20 pm

Couple days ago my friend painted his BMW rims with powder coated .. since he did it i though would be a good idea to do mine's too ..
I looked through the form but i didn't see any post about painting the rims with powder coated ??

If anyone has painted their stock rims with powder coated black or just black paint would be nice if could help me with some pictures .. I just want to see how is going to look before i do mine.

Thanx guys!
BesI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TLMNICK » Sat May 02, 2009 8:26 pm

You don't paint and powder coat.
Powder coating is a process that is responsible for the re-finished look of a wheel. For the colour of your car though, I think the stock silver suites it best. OR maybe a light gunmetal like the 04 Camry SE had.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby hskrsolara » Sat May 02, 2009 8:44 pm

Powder coating is $$$, but well worth the price. I had a place local powdercoat my fj cruiser wheels gloss black, and it cost about $50 a wheel. If your wheels are in good shape already, you will not need to sandblast. If they are pitted you must sandblast before powdercoat and that will add roughly $150 more. If you want a color that they do not stock, they will charge even more $ due to minimum volume order requirements.

Overall, it is a good investment for long term durability and quality, but be aware that it is not cheap.
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5