[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Cpe installed
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Cpe installed

Cpe installed

Postby Sparky5e » Fri May 15, 2009 7:16 pm

WOOOOOOOT!

Yep that's the sound of the cp-e, sort of. I have to say it was a trip installing, just because I was impatient. No speedy job soldering all the connections under the dash but glad I did. I guarentee there will be no loose connections, but may add sta-kons for easy removal if I get bored someday. It took about 2hrs total, including drinks and smoke breaks.

It is sure is loud, compared to stock, when you mash the pedal. Before install I could break the wheels loose from a stop. Now I don't know because I can't hear it LOL.

Anyway it noticably pulls allot better at mid throttle with a quicker response too and that's when it sounds best. A nice throaty sound without the high picthed WAAHHH at higher rpm's.

Like anything, it's new and will definately appreciate it the more I drive. My Mods wish list is getting smaller, probably going to make my own grill since I don't like whats out there. Although I like the Billet look this may be a little fresher look.

http://customcargrill.com/proddetail.as ... %5FDiamond
07 SLE Convertable
Blue Streak Metallic
TRD FSTB and RSB, OSB Pedals, OEM Nav, CPE Intake, Stainless sills, "color matching" floor mats
Sparky5e
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

CP-e

Postby cartang » Fri May 15, 2009 7:45 pm

Congrat. Mine was installed yesterday, Excelent sound , My SC camry feells lighter, good mod.
cartang
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sat May 16, 2009 10:30 am

on lighter RPMs it almost sounds like the car is whistling, but when you step on it...

sounds nice don't it? 8)
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Biggi_e » Sat May 16, 2009 4:26 pm

congrats! i think i was the 2nd or 3rd person to get the cp-e for gen2. great intake bang for the buck
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Sparky5e » Mon May 18, 2009 6:23 pm

OK after a few days I have to say this was long overdue and should have done it right after I got it.

The system has settled down and the tire smoke once again. The sound had mellowed to a nice deep growl and the whining at the top end is gone. I love the whistling at mind acceleration, kind of sounds like a supercharger winding up. As another poster said, I hammer down if someone I'm passing is a jerk. The look on their face is priceless when the volume goes full volume before they get small in the rear view mirrors LOL.

Just a snapshot of mileage. Full throttle stop and go driving=12mpg. Granny style using cruise and slow take offs=30mpg. I am sure my average tank reading will fall somewhere in the middle, but I was getting about 29mpg highway and 18-21mpg for everyday. I can't wait to see what the real longterm numbers are, if I can resist hearing the sound LOL.

One other note: The instructions for wiring are for Gen2 not 2.5 and the colors on the ECU plugs aren't the same. The wire terminals are but this meant counting out 31 pins on plug 8 because the pic and text called the wire light green. Mine had "green" and light green was on pin 29. Then on plug 4 most of the wires are white with a black strip, but they put colored rings on the wire too. the pic and wire but had silver rings.

I am still not 100% finished and have a few questions.

The 2 vac lines that come from the lower front of the car. Do they "need" to be capped off??? I shoved mine back into the sleeve and tucked in in front of the battery.

There is also a white tank under the battery that the stock lower intake hooked up to on the way to the filter box. I think I need to pull the battery to get to the fastener holding it on. Did you guys the tank, or just leave it?
Sparky5e
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kingkakyle » Mon May 18, 2009 6:33 pm

when i intalled my injen i left in that white box thingy
its meant to catch debris i think cuz i had a couple pebbles and leaves in there

but i removed it after awhile and didn't notice a difference
well i did but im sure it was 200% in my head haha
so if ur not already down there might as well leave it
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon May 18, 2009 7:15 pm

what he said ^ nothing but a catcher.

I took it out during my installation.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby D-money » Mon May 18, 2009 11:13 pm

the only reason to take it out is if you need that space for something else like a CAI extention
ImageImage
01 SLE V6 (Pic Edit Done by Garrryyunit)
D-money
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Sebas007 » Thu May 21, 2009 3:50 pm

Congrats for the CP-e I guess you're one of the first 2.5 gen owner to have it !

I wanna know what is the MAF' screw size . I need to clean it and I don't remember right...it is 5mm or 9/64 ??
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Down2TheC » Sat May 23, 2009 6:42 am

Sparky5e wrote:if I can resist hearing the sound LOL.

I've been saying that for four years. Other than road trips, I never get a fully mellow tank. I'll be reading 23-24mpg avg on the meter doing my daily drives, but sooner or later the morons find you and you have to mkae her howl. One bad commute and I'm showing 20 again. (But it's worth it)

Enjoy the new toy!
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Sparky5e » Thu May 28, 2009 6:09 am

I know I'm preaching to the choir but,

Damn I love this thing.

I just ran 1 tank with mostly interstate/highway miles and got 445 miles off one tank! best ever was just over 400 and that was solid cruise on the interstate, non stop. Computer says 28.9mpg and thats with, top down allot, romping to pass cars, a few burn outs and rain storms

I really notice the lane merges and passing cars. When I step on it I get power "almost" now. The tranny has to hunt still but the lag has significantly decreased.
Sparky5e
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Sebas007 » Thu May 28, 2009 9:01 am

I've it since July 2006 and I don't remember how it is without it !
Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu May 28, 2009 10:21 am

445!! are you kidding me?? I'm only getting around 300 per tank. whats wrong with my car?
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Sparky5e » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:40 pm

yaddadaimsayin wrote:445!! are you kidding me?? I'm only getting around 300 per tank. whats wrong with my car?

Maybe it's not your car but your heavy foot LOL.

445 seams like allot, but is still only aprox 28mpg. The car is rated 26 highway and 16 city so I have no idea why you get 300. Maybe you fill up before it gets to empty???? I usually wait till the last minute and it sucks up over 16gal to fill.
Sparky5e
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PXLpainter » Thu Jun 04, 2009 1:59 am

Add some headers and a good muffler and you'll swear you're driving a V8. ;)
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5