[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - independent fog light set up
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

independent fog light set up

independent fog light set up

Postby 47TH_Ronin » Sun May 31, 2009 10:07 am

well.....last night i attempted to do the independent fog light set up as posted on the diy section. I tell you...that was the most annoying, time consuming, just made me cuss a lot, thing I have done to my 05 solara yet!!!!! I started the process at 6:00pm and did not finish until 10:30pm lol. I don't know if on my 05 se sport non convertable the junction box is different then from the solara the guy in the diy had lol. Thing is....I had 3 yes 3 red wires with a blue strip in the same area as where he showed only 1. Then ofcourse leave it to toyota to put a red wire with a greenish blue strip right in the mix of the other wires!!!! So, here it is, i found the green loop wire easily enough. Then the violet wire with green strip threw me off, because it ran from the top set of ports, down to the bottom and by the time I was able to move enough crap outta the way to figure that out, I killed about 1 and a half hours lol. Then, I cut that wire. So, now I am on the hunt for the mysterious red/blue wire. I find it and cut it!!! After trying EVERY possible hook up, guess what nothing...no fog lights at all. That took about another 45 minutes. Well its about dark now so I go grab a flash light!! Lord and behold, the wire I cut was the blasted RED/green wire, which ominously looks red/blue at 7:30pm LOL. So, no telling what that wire was or did, I painfull wire connect the two ends back together and go a huntin. Well, on the top end of the junction box, there were 2 red/blue wires...so I picked one....and well it was the wrong one, so again, painfully wire connecting the two ends of the wire that I have NO idea what it did back together, I cut the other red/blue wire!! AND SUCCESS!!! I can now turn my fog lights on and off indepently from the original set up. So, 4 and a half hours, lots of cuts on my fingers, incredibaly sore back, and bashed elbows from trying to crap my 6ft tall butt into an area not sutable for a miget (thanks toyo) I got it to work!!. Moral of this story...we solara owners go above and beyond to get our cars to look different...I swear with all the things I have had to read EWD or mechanical diagrams for, I should be able to work for toyota. But yea, looks good now and if ANYONE wants to do this to thier solara...feel free to send me a message, I will never forget how to do it and I will be willing to help anyone out. email at savage_wolves@hotmail.com for questions. and btw, the guy that posted the diy.....he made it look sooooo easy, I tell ya it aint!!!!
"WILL POWER...IS NO MATCH FOR HORSE POWER"
47TH_Ronin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby [SMAN] » Sun May 31, 2009 10:35 am

Be very carefull following a wiring tutorial meant for a coupe when working on the convertable. There are a lot of wires that are different colors between the two or run into different junction blocks. The wiring diagram in the factory service manual should help you trace all wires and tell you exactly what pin they run to.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

fogs

Postby 47TH_Ronin » Sun May 31, 2009 11:59 am

yea, i sorta figured that out last night. i double checked the ewd and the side of the box i was messing around with was primary for the light controls. the 2 wires i did cut but were wrong, i made sure to connect them back together really good. i achieved the sought after result of independent fog lights, but like i put in the first post...it was a pain in the arse!!!
"WILL POWER...IS NO MATCH FOR HORSE POWER"
47TH_Ronin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jimysymonds » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:54 am

Once I had the backpedaling down, slowing down within a given distance was easy, and I even figured out how to.
jimysymonds
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5