[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Getting new tires tomorrow
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Getting new tires tomorrow

Getting new tires tomorrow

Postby CosmicGrooves » Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:59 pm

I have Goodyear Eagles RSA's.

After looking at Tire Rack, I decided I wanted Michelin Pilot HX MXM4's.

Then after talking to the guy at Discount Tire, he sold me on the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus.

All in 235/45/18's.

Anyone have experience with the Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus?
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solarizona » Thu Jun 11, 2009 5:21 pm

I just got a set about 10k miles ago. LOVE the tires. They ride so quiet and smooth while providing awesome grip. They are sooo much better than the Kumho tires I replaced them with.
TRD Bodykit, Eibach, Tokico, BBS, OBX headers/y-pipe, Custom 2.5" Magnaflow/Dynomax, PowerStop, Goodridge, AFE.
Solarizona
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby sydemoid » Thu Jun 11, 2009 6:41 pm

they are supposed to be really sticky.... great for lateral traction on turns ;)

I'm running Toyo Proxes 4's 215/45/17... decent tire for the price
Geeks get it done, while Nerds whimper and call for mommie.
sydemoid
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CosmicGrooves » Thu Jun 11, 2009 7:47 pm

I'm mostly concerned with ride quality, noise and longevity than sport ability.
But these tires seem to be better and last longer than the Goodyear Eagle RSA and the other Michelin brand I mentioned. For the most part, all tires in this size are sport type tires.
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CosmicGrooves » Fri Jun 12, 2009 4:43 pm

Well, I got the tires. They were a tad cheaper than the Goodyears I had... well actually, the Goodyears were much cheaper a few years go.

Anyways, my first impression after driving about 10 miles is, they do feel very sticky! They seem to have more road noise than the old tires, but I'll have to drive more to know for sure.

Getting new tires really makes the car drive nicely, though.
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:04 pm

Yeah bro those tires are pretty good and grip very well.
Im rocking Goodyear Eagle GT II, and i love them :)
and plus i think the style is awesome.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby CosmicGrooves » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:18 pm

Nice!

I'll be breaking these tires in good tomorrow. I'm driving down to San Marcos for some river rafting/tubing fun! I think that is about 4 hour drive or so.

Fun on the Guadalupe River!
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Jun 12, 2009 5:23 pm

nice dude for sure your gonna break them in. that sounds like a fun trip! :)
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby CosmicGrooves » Tue Jun 16, 2009 1:49 pm

The tires are GREAT! They really are. Only time will tell if they are as good or better than the Goodyear Eagle RSA's I had. But right now, I have no complaints.

Tubing the Guadalupe River in New Braunfuls Texas is freaking awesome. Imagine a river full of people on tubes with ice chests on tubes full of beer. Sometimes that beer makes the ladies crazy when they're already half naked in the river!
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Black Bob » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:01 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:Yeah bro those tires are pretty good and grip very well.
Im rocking Goodyear Eagle GT II, and i love them :)
and plus i think the style is awesome.

Just got a set of 4 of these GT's, I was still on the original stockies at 75,000 miles :o so I really, really needed to get something on those rims quick. I was gunning for Falken's Ziex ZE-912s but got a "buy 1 and get one half off deal on the GT's." I love/need the GT's tread design for the amount of snow Mother Nature spits at us, I didn't forsee the Falken's working as well in the winter. I was suprised that the tread design contributes nothing to road noise. It's only been 8 hours but I'm happy with my choice.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby kingkakyle » Thu Jul 02, 2009 10:06 pm

Black Bob wrote:Just got a set of 4 of these GT's, I was still on the original stockies at 75,000 miles :o so I really, really needed to get something on those rims quick. I was gunning for Falken's Ziex ZE-912s but got a "buy 1 and get one half off deal on the GT's." I love/need the GT's tread design for the amount of snow Mother Nature spits at us, I didn't forsee the Falken's working as well in the winter. I was suprised that the tread design contributes nothing to road noise. It's only been 8 hours but I'm happy with my choice.

seriously?
mine barely would have lasted 30k
i got new rims and tires at around 26k and they were almost done with
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Jul 09, 2009 1:43 pm

I just picked up Michelin MXV4 All Season yesterday. haven't broken em in yet and haven't gotten a realignment yet since i'm gettin the springs put in this saturday... cost bank though! put me out $800 at costco. :(
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

buying new tires, nothing fancy

Postby x0swtextacy0x » Mon Aug 24, 2009 5:40 pm

hi all... haven't posted on this site in a LONG time. Well ive had the car for about 3.5+ yrs now...going on 4 this october. I definitely need new tires DESPERATELY ...

I'm not sure which is the best basic (nothing fancy) tire; the various tire places (Merchants, tirerack, costco) had these available:

Michelin Primacy MXV4 (Merchants)

Falkin ZE 329 (Merchants)

Dunlop SP Sport Signature (Justtires.com)

BF Goodrich Advantage (Costco)

Michelin Energy S8 (Costco)

Kumho Ecsta (Tirerack.com)

I am definitely interested in getting the best deal, but first I want to know which is the better selection/quality.

Any suggetions?
2006 Solara SE Sport V6 - Lunar Mist
^^she smiLes for both of us^^
x0swtextacy0x
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ctsolara12 » Mon Aug 24, 2009 8:06 pm

Black Bob wrote:Just got a set of 4 of these GT's, I was still on the original stockies at 75,000 miles :o so I really, really needed to get something on those rims quick. I was gunning for Falken's Ziex ZE-912s but got a "buy 1 and get one half off deal on the GT's." I love/need the GT's tread design for the amount of snow Mother Nature spits at us, I didn't forsee the Falken's working as well in the winter. I was suprised that the tread design contributes nothing to road noise. It's only been 8 hours but I'm happy with my choice.

You'll be really happy with your choice. I love the Eagle GT's so much. Speaking of snow, I drove with these tires in about 6 inches of snow (Maryland lol), even floored it, and they didn't loose grip. These tires never cease to amaze me. :D
ctsolara12
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby jetbtkng » Mon Aug 24, 2009 9:21 pm

falken's 452's, good in the rain, great cornering, and the ones i have been to the track twice, and still look good, about $ 117 each.............. :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5