[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - My 2006 Solara (4 CYL) with INJEN intake (vids + pic)
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

My 2006 Solara (4 CYL) with INJEN intake (vids + pic)

Postby t3chnique » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:19 pm

BLACK V6 wrote:^^ haha, my dad really dosen't care too much about me having a lot of freedom, there just a lot of mods that he won't let me do like HIDs, SRIs, tinted tails, tinted windows etc, etc. Ill be glad to go off to college and do whatever I want to it...

seems your options are limited, you didnt mention exhaust tho.

so begs the question, whats next for your ride?

and im abour age as well 8), everyone else is 25+ it seems
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraMan2003 » Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:34 pm

Hey guys.

Sorry for seeming ignorant, but can someone please tell me the benefits of installing this INJEN CAI ? Will I get better gas mileage? If so, how much? I like the sound on the outside of the car, but will it be loud on the inside? I kinda enjoy the nice quiet ride I have now on my 2008 SLE (automatic).

Thanks !
Dedicated 2008 SLEv6 Owner
Previously: 2000 and 2003
I LOVE MY SOLARA !
SolaraMan2003
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Sat Jul 04, 2009 10:33 pm

BLACK V6 wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:Plus its not my money, im 17 and my dad has paid for my car, the gas, and all the mods I have done to it.

WOW... :o Consider yourself lucky. I'm 16, had to pay for my own car, gas, and all the mods I'm doing to it.At least I have someone close to my age hanging around here.

same here. I'm 17 w/ my avalon. I had it handed to me but I pay for it all =[
are avalons supposed to be this fast?
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:32 am

SolaraMan2003 wrote:Hey guys.

Sorry for seeming ignorant, but can someone please tell me the benefits of installing this INJEN CAI ? Will I get better gas mileage? If so, how much? I like the sound on the outside of the car, but will it be loud on the inside? I kinda enjoy the nice quiet ride I have now on my 2008 SLE (automatic).

Thanks !

Theoretically the INJEN CAI gets you better gas mileage... but most people enjoy hearing the growl of it so much they push the throttle harder... thus getting worse gas. So if you can resist pushing the pedal down hard to hear it, you should get better gas.
And it is not so loud on the inside that it is annoying, just enough to get compliments every time you have people riding with you in the car.
And you can only hear the intake when you are accelerating... it will make no difference when just cruising down the road.

check out this clip of what it sounds like on the interior of my Solara

http://vids.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea ... d=54783900
Last edited by wkbrdr91 on Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:34 am

gnegroni wrote:Nice wheels and nice sig...Oh, nice install too!

Thank you :)
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Jul 16, 2009 9:52 am

any more mods on the list?
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5