[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - JBL 6 stack changer CD player- Does Not Work
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

JBL 6 stack changer CD player- Does Not Work

JBL 6 stack changer CD player- Does Not Work

Postby Abn1SG » Mon Jul 20, 2009 5:56 pm

My CD player stopped working in my 05 Solara Convertible when I ejected a CD and then loaded another CD. Now it does not play, nor eject any CD's, nor load a CD. Does anyone know what I can to do to fix this problem? Thanks.
Abn1SG
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NightRider » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:08 pm

The radio works find just the cd player dont work anymore right?
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby corlon » Mon Jul 20, 2009 6:53 pm

you can try disconnecting power to the radio or the whole car at the battery for about 15 minutes. reconnect and then try the cd player again. i've seen this work before, but its not always a fix. sometimes the processor just gets funked out and doesn't know what to do. so it just stops working. if its a mechanical problem this will not fix it. can't hurt to try though.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Abn1SG » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:59 am

Thanks Corlon will try your suggestion. Wife driving Solara today so will not be able to try your suggestion till later today.

Nightrider, that is correct; everything else works, radio & cassette player still works. The CD player displays "eject" when I press the eject button however nothing happens, same thing when I press the "load" button. It does not not play the CDs nor ejects them.
Abn1SG
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NightRider » Tue Jul 21, 2009 8:33 am

Yeah try disconnecting the power. Removing the black battery terminal and reconnect. If that doesn't work then I don't know if you bought the car with a warranty on it? Get it replaced or invest in a aftermarket deck which is always nice :)
Injen polished SRI
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Abn1SG » Tue Jul 21, 2009 2:50 pm

Unfortunately disconnecting the battery and waiting 15 minutes did not rectify the problem with the CD player. Now it displays no CD's in CD player and therefore does not eject any of the CDs in the CD player.

Appears that I need to replace the CD player. Anyone knows of an aftermarket CD player that works with the existing steering controls?

Thanks.
Abn1SG
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NightRider » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:10 pm

There are tons of threads about aftermarket head units. On here you can search. You will find your answers.
Injen polished SRI
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jetbtkng » Tue Jul 21, 2009 3:13 pm

i never use the search here, toooo dam complicated, thats what the members are for, to help out.............. :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5