[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ::PICS POSTED:: Installed TRD RSB! (bought from PXL)
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

::PICS POSTED:: Installed TRD RSB! (bought from PXL)

::PICS POSTED:: Installed TRD RSB! (bought from PXL)

Postby j_dizzo » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:11 am

Hey guys, I installed the RSB, I bought from Jeff (PXL) this morning (pix to come). I'm sure I'm gonna be preaching the choir here, but here are some of the things I noticed. Better handling response, more confidence in going into turns at faster speeds (i.e. on ramps), Changing lanes on the freeway esp. is a lot better. And of course the roll factor has decreased. Oh and I have it set on the stiffest setting. Stay tuned for pix!
Last edited by j_dizzo on Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2007/Gen 2.5 SE Classic Silver Metallic 2.4L I4
8000K HID//Pioneer Avic-D1 Nav//PS 2 (Slim)/AUX A/V port//IPod/video port//K&N 69-8609TTK Typhoon SRI//TRD RSB/FTSB/Exhaust//LED Footbay Lights//2500K Fog lights//Mike T's Upper Grill
j_dizzo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Aug 21, 2009 11:25 am

fsho!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Taido » Fri Aug 21, 2009 12:41 pm

Welcome to the club. :)
'06 Black Cherry Pearl tC inherited the headunit and subs so far...
'04 2AZ-FE Lunar Mist Metallic Solara SE (Totaled)
Taido
Audiophiliac
Audiophiliac

Postby GzNutz » Fri Aug 21, 2009 1:59 pm

Glad to see it picked up by a SG'er! Enjoy!!!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DriDed » Fri Aug 21, 2009 2:56 pm

I am glad you are happy with it, the rsb in my opinion, is one of the modifications with the most bang for the buck. :D
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Fri Aug 21, 2009 7:25 pm

Woot! Glad you took time to install it already man! :up:

I told you your car wouldn't be the same! ;)
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby j_dizzo » Thu Aug 27, 2009 11:40 pm

As promised, here are those pix. Nothing you haven't seen before.

2007/Gen 2.5 SE Classic Silver Metallic 2.4L I4
8000K HID//Pioneer Avic-D1 Nav//PS 2 (Slim)/AUX A/V port//IPod/video port//K&N 69-8609TTK Typhoon SRI//TRD RSB/FTSB/Exhaust//LED Footbay Lights//2500K Fog lights//Mike T's Upper Grill
j_dizzo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby wkbrdr91 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 3:02 am

Now what exactly does the RSB do? Keek the rear tires closer into the center of the car?
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LEE337 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:03 am

j_dizzo wrote:As promised, here are those pix. Nothing you haven't seen before.

Actually, I havent seen a Gen 2 TRD RSB.
I had no idea yall had three settings.

wkbrdr91 wrote:Now what exactly does the RSB do? Keek the rear tires closer into the center of the car?

The TRD RSB is the best mod you can have on your Lara, with the exception of the TRD SC. The RSB will Keep the a$$ end down when your cuttin them corners. You'll have a much more stable ride. You completly get rid of that boat-like feeling when driving/cornering. I absolutly love mine!!! 8)
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:57 am

It looks like you installed it upside down. The engineers at Toyota made this install real easy for the Gen 2 guys. Looks good.
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Aug 28, 2009 10:14 am

wkbrdr91 wrote:Now what exactly does the RSB do? Keek the rear tires closer into the center of the car?

get one and ull notice instantly :wink:
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TLMNICK » Fri Aug 28, 2009 11:31 am

Does this mod make a big difference with the convertibles?.....One thing that I hate about this car is it's complete lack of cornering abilities. It's too soft.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Chinky420 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:36 pm

since there are two (newer) members asking in the same thread, i'll explain the purpose of the RSB (rather than flaming them....lucky ya'll, caught me on a good friday)

when taking a corner too fast, in a stock solara, you'll notice two things
1) the car wants to understeer (feels like it wants to pull to the outside of a turn)
2) the chassis/body of the car will 'roll' or 'lean' towards the outside of the turn (affectionately and aptly named 'body roll')....this is due to the same centripedal forces that are pulling your own body towards the outside of the turn.

these two turning/handling characteristics can be changed by making a stiffer connection between the right and left sides of the chassis, namely, by using a rear sway bar aka RSB, or a front sway bar aka FSB (both of which are technically called anti-sway bars) ....oh yeah, there's also a thing called the front strut (anti-)sway bar, which we already have on the v6's (i don't know about the 4cyls)....this is the big black bar in the engine bay that goes from the top of one strut to the next.

so, when you have an upgraded RSB, your car can essentially 'sit up straight' as it goes through a turn, as the centripedal force is being stiffled by the thicker aftermarket (anti-) sway bar.

what this means to you, as a driver, is that the car remains more 'neutral' in a turn, meaning it doesn't exhibit as much understeer, and also that the car will have less body roll, which keeps all four of your wheels flat on the road

tlmnick: to answer your question more specifically, yes it should help. convertible's usually handle a little bit worse than a non-convert, since there's less structural rigidity due to the lack of a roof (a solid metal one, at least).

less rigidity = more body roll
more body roll = worse cornering

while
RSB = less body roll, less understeer
less body roll/understeer = better cornering
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby LEE337 » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:24 pm

Chinky420 wrote:since there are two (newer) members asking in the same thread, i'll explain the purpose of the RSB (rather than flaming them....lucky ya'll, caught me on a good friday)

when taking a corner too fast, in a stock solara, you'll notice two things
1) the car wants to understeer (feels like it wants to pull to the outside of a turn)
2) the chassis/body of the car will 'roll' or 'lean' towards the outside of the turn (affectionately and aptly named 'body roll')....this is due to the same centripedal forces that are pulling your own body towards the outside of the turn.

these two turning/handling characteristics can be changed by making a stiffer connection between the right and left sides of the chassis, namely, by using a rear sway bar aka RSB, or a front sway bar aka FSB (both of which are technically called anti-sway bars) ....oh yeah, there's also a thing called the front strut (anti-)sway bar, which we already have on the v6's (i don't know about the 4cyls)....this is the big black bar in the engine bay that goes from the top of one strut to the next.

so, when you have an upgraded RSB, your car can essentially 'sit up straight' as it goes through a turn, as the centripedal force is being stiffled by the thicker aftermarket (anti-) sway bar.

what this means to you, as a driver, is that the car remains more 'neutral' in a turn, meaning it doesn't exhibit as much understeer, and also that the car will have less body roll, which keeps all four of your wheels flat on the road

tlmnick: to answer your question more specifically, yes it should help. convertible's usually handle a little bit worse than a non-convert, since there's less structural rigidity due to the lack of a roof (a solid metal one, at least).

less rigidity = more body roll
more body roll = worse cornering

while
RSB = less body roll, less understeer
less body roll/understeer = better cornering

Thats the long version, very well said Chinky! :D

LEE337 wrote:The TRD RSB is the best mod you can have on your Lara, with the exception of the TRD SC. The RSB will Keep the a$$ end down when your cuttin them corners. You'll have a much more stable ride. You completly get rid of that boat-like feeling when driving/cornering. I absolutly love mine!!! 8)

This is the short version. 8)
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby michaels artic frost » Fri Aug 28, 2009 2:43 pm

Congrats! Great buy too.

-M
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost