[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - OBX Limited-Slip Differential
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

OBX Limited-Slip Differential

OBX Limited-Slip Differential

Postby Savoiskiy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:10 am

I recently found myself disliking rainy days. Only because when I hit the gas on my Solara, it doesn't act the way it should. One wheel starts to spin and it just wasting the power. I thought that LSD would help in this situation, searched the web and found one produced by OBX for Scion tC. But it was written that the part fits only manual transmission. And I have an auto.

Have anyone installed this part?
'05 SE Sport: Front Strut Brace, Rear Sway Bar, Lowering Springs, Axle-Back Exhaust, All TRD
Soon: 18" Work VS-XX Rims, Injen Intake and more goodies!
Savoiskiy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:18 am

Yeah, I have the same grip problem. I have a Gen 1. I am almost certain that the only LSD is for the manual transmission guys. I am also auto.
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Dawgz » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:30 am

Im pretty sure i saw one for the auto.
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Savoiskiy » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:33 am

Seems like it is only for 4-cylinder engines with manual transmission. Or not only?

Am I ready for a 5spd swap? I'm not sure. What might be a problem? I have PRND321 indicator on my instrument cluster, will I have to swap the cluster as well?
'05 SE Sport: Front Strut Brace, Rear Sway Bar, Lowering Springs, Axle-Back Exhaust, All TRD
Soon: 18" Work VS-XX Rims, Injen Intake and more goodies!
Savoiskiy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5