[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - new battery!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

new battery!

new battery!

Postby Aotoyota » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:07 am

Kinetik HC1200..

Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby youngblood » Sun Aug 30, 2009 12:12 pm

Looks spiffy. Benefits?
Black 2004 Solara SLE V6
Green 2002 Camry LE I4
youngblood
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Aotoyota » Sun Aug 30, 2009 4:56 pm

so far, the car seems to run the same speed at a lower rpm. I think the old battery was really going out and the alternator was working double time which would account for the higher rpm..

i got it mainly for the my stereo and it didnt hurt that i got a great deal on it.
too
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GreenSolara01 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:07 pm

Looks good.
GreenSolara01
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby no_escape » Sun Aug 30, 2009 8:50 pm

correct me if I'm wrong but is that a tad smaller than a typical battery for our cars?
SC 4psi - 305cc - Jims Fuel Upgrade - AFC NEO - 190 Walbro - Tokico/Eibach - Short Throw Shifter - FTB - RSB - K&N Filter - Greddy Evo II catback
no_escape
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby supamouse09 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:21 am

i wondering how many watts rms are u running? cuz im running about 1500 watts rms and wonering if this would be enough for it. i like that fact that its about 10 pounds lighter than the hc1400 and optima d35.
01 Toyota Solara SLE V6 Manual Swap
supamouse09
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Aotoyota » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:35 am

no_escape wrote:correct me if I'm wrong but is that a tad smaller than a typical battery for our cars?

Its much much smaller than the conventional one from the autoparts store.
I put in a new battery tray below along with new J hooks too.

Supamouse09.. Im running about 2400W thru the car on a 4ga. before the kinetik, I had a stinger sp1000 for about 3 years.

I think the next step is to upgrade the alternator. Im wondering if anyone has done this using the alt from a toyota highlander with the 2az motor? Its suppose to put out 130amps but is there more to it than just dropping it in!?
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:20 pm

Aotoyota wrote:
no_escape wrote:correct me if I'm wrong but is that a tad smaller than a typical battery for our cars?

Its much much smaller than the conventional one from the autoparts store.
I put in a new battery tray below along with new J hooks too.

Supamouse09.. Im running about 2400W thru the car on a 4ga. before the kinetik, I had a stinger sp1000 for about 3 years.

I think the next step is to upgrade the alternator. Im wondering if anyone has done this using the alt from a toyota highlander with the 2az motor? Its suppose to put out 130amps but is there more to it than just dropping it in!?

from what ive been reading here and there on the forums
its just dropping it in!!
but i think if u can do a quick search on here it would confirm that
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5