[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Viper 5901 ALARM+REMOTE START
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Viper 5901 ALARM+REMOTE START

Viper 5901 ALARM+REMOTE START

Postby kpxboi0619 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 6:33 am

Currently I have this Scytek Remote Starter+Alarm with 2way remote.
However I dropped the remote alot and replace remote cost like $60 so... I just decided to get the new alarm system.

I'm getting this

http://www.viper.com/P-5702V/Viper-5901 ... art-System

with windows up feature (not up/down) trunk opener
+ Glass breaking sensor, tilt sensor, shock sensor

Any Feedbacks with this alarm?
kpxboi0619
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kenny6683 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 7:01 am

I just got this recently installed...its the best alarm you can get right now

Below feedback from one of the other SG members whos a professional installer

TLMNICK "You made a good choice in security. I've been installing a lot of those lately, and they seem to work very well. I have one in my winter car, and so far it's been great."

the range is excellent! you can turn on your rear defrost from the pager...change sensor settings from the pager...7 different colors on remote pager to match your mood :lol: ...u can check current temperature insde your vehicle...

u wont regret getting this
kenny6683
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby [SMAN] » Tue Oct 13, 2009 8:49 am

Wow. DEI products sure have come a long way since when i used to be an installer. If the new ones are anything like the old ones, you'll be very happy with it. Just make sure you have a qualified installer set things up for you because an alarm is only as good as the person who installs it.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kpxboi0619 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:26 am

I really learned my lesson not to waste money on "cheaper" parts cuz.....this Scytek Alarm system that I've spend $180part+$200 Labor was waste of my money.

I hope this system really works great + installer installs it well
kpxboi0619
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Kattatonik916 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:06 am

Yea the new DEI remote starts over night became amazing. I installed them foir years at CC and BB. I have the 5901 in my solara after I tried to transfer my old 791 out of my civic after I sold it. Im not so much a fan of the new remotes though. if you lean down and hit the buttons it just yells at you...aahhhhhhhhh.
Kattatonik916
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TLMNICK » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:11 am

The viper 5901 is a great unit. Before this model came out, I was installing mostly compustar unit, but unfortunately the reliability in those newer units is not very high. I have yet to have a Viper unit come back with issues unless it was user error.

As I mentioned in another post before, I have this system installed in my winter car, and I love it. I have it hooked up for alarm, remote start, rear defrost, windows up/down, moonroof open/close, and trunk release. It's a great unit. As a matter of fact, as I'm installing one on a 93 mustang right now.

As mentioned above, make sure that the installer KNOWS WHAT THEIR DOING. The system is only as good as its install.

I wouldn't mind being SG's official installer, but I live in Toronto :(
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby [SMAN] » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:14 am

TLMNICK wrote:The viper 5901 is a great unit. Before this model came out, I was installing mostly compustar unit, but unfortunately the reliability in those newer units is not very high. I have yet to have a Viper unit come back with issues unless it was user error.

As I mentioned in another post before, I have this system installed in my winter car, and I love it. I have it hooked up for alarm, remote start, rear defrost, windows up/down, moonroof open/close, and trunk release. It's a great unit. As a matter of fact, as I'm installing one on a 93 mustang right now.

As mentioned above, make sure that the installer KNOWS WHAT THEIR DOING. The system is only as good as its install.

Any idea what version of BitWriter is needed to control these. i've been tossing around the idea of getting a 5902 but i think i need to buy an upgrade chip for my bitwriter before programing.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NightRider » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:25 pm

Geese. 600$ That's really expensive! But i see why people would spend that much on this type of alarm system.
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby [SMAN] » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:31 pm

NightRider wrote:Geese. 600$ That's really expensive! But i see why people would spend that much on this type of alarm system.

That price usualy includes instalation. DEI is one of the companies that regulates the price authorized dealers can sell the whole package for, and then negotiates the price for the actual product with the shop.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby corlon » Wed Oct 14, 2009 5:38 pm

and for you viper guys with iphones

http://www.macworld.com/article/143282/ ... gines.html
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TLMNICK » Wed Oct 14, 2009 9:43 pm

[SMAN] wrote:
TLMNICK wrote:The viper 5901 is a great unit. Before this model came out, I was installing mostly compustar unit, but unfortunately the reliability in those newer units is not very high. I have yet to have a Viper unit come back with issues unless it was user error.

Any idea what version of BitWriter is needed to control these. i've been tossing around the idea of getting a 5902 but i think i need to buy an upgrade chip for my bitwriter before programing.

I just got my bit writer a month ago, and it's got the new chip in it. I used it to fine tune everything in my 5901.

Corlon, I plan on installing that setup very soon. I'll post a video after I do.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Kattatonik916 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:51 am

you need the 2.6 version if you have any Bit writer older then 8 months youll need to up grade the old 2.5. I think the chips like $6.00 on DEI's directechs
Kattatonik916
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Kattatonik916 » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:57 am

Oh if you havent put it in yet MAKE SURE you do domelight control and make sure you diode isolate the doors and auto lights. Else wise youll have random false's. The autolight took me awhile to figure out, I was just shutting off the auto lights before arming.
Kattatonik916
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby [SMAN] » Thu Oct 15, 2009 7:58 am

Yeah mine is 2.5 I don't have a directechs account anymore so I guess i'll hit up ebay for a chip.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NightRider » Thu Oct 15, 2009 4:52 pm

[SMAN] wrote:
NightRider wrote:Geese. 600$ That's really expensive! But i see why people would spend that much on this type of alarm system.

That price usualy includes instalation. DEI is one of the companies that regulates the price authorized dealers can sell the whole package for, and then negotiates the price for the actual product with the shop.

Didn't know that. Thanks for informing me. And the dude who posted the Iphone link for the Viper alarm, daymn that is cool!
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5