[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Fits of toyota NOTHING like hondas. Newb to Toyota, HELP?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Fits of toyota NOTHING like hondas. Newb to Toyota, HELP?

Fits of toyota NOTHING like hondas. Newb to Toyota, HELP?

Postby Kattatonik916 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:20 am

Ok folks I'm a newbie to Toyota come over from the dark side of honda's. I got a 05 solara, 2azfe motor. I'm finding it difficult just to do the basics. I wanna get her motor breathing better because we all know stock intakes, throttle bodies, and intake manafoilds SUCK. My 1.5/1.6 honda mini me was a breeze. Skunk 2 ITM, teg ITR 72MM TB and Iceman CAI. BOOM done, she can breath. I HAD A HARD TIME JUST FINDING A CAI....just forget finding a lager TB and deff not a InTake Manifold. So for CAI's I got injen, K&N, and AEM. If any one has opintions on these please feel free to share. Ive always trusted Injen.

Also if any one can point me in the right directions of throttle bodies that be great too. I.E Are a 3mzfe or 2zzfe TB's larger and will they fit. If I can start there ill be happy then Ill move to exhaust. Dont even get me started on the only thing I could find was a TRD muffler for the same cost of WHOLE exhaust of the civic.

Im not putting down toyota in any way, just frustrated. Else wise I LOVE my solara... so so so much nicer then completely WHORED/ overly gay and ghettofied civics.

THANX GUYS.
Kattatonik916
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby CASTRO » Tue Oct 13, 2009 10:52 am

i visit other forums and highly recommend that if you got a 2az, best to look around tC forums as they seem to be doing more radical stuff. Take it with a grain of salt though and dont believe everything they post up w/o dyno results as tC crowds are usually full of kids with ghetto mods and filled with sponsored parts that may not even make a difference. Companies know the general drivers dont know any better and capitalize on that fact by selling bunk parts.
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby crispone » Tue Oct 13, 2009 11:00 am

DON'T LOSE HEART! Welcome to the 'Yota family!

Let's see... is Tacti around here somewhere??? He might steer you in the right direction... (was that your motor, Tact?)

You are in the right place for the 'lara, regardless!

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Re: Fits of toyota NOTHING like hondas. Newb to Toyota, HELP

Postby DriDed » Tue Oct 13, 2009 12:54 pm

Kattatonik916 wrote:Ok folks I'm a newbie to Toyota come over from the dark side of honda's. I got a 05 solara, 2azfe motor. I'm finding it difficult just to do the basics. I wanna get her motor breathing better because we all know stock intakes, throttle bodies, and intake manafoilds SUCK. My 1.5/1.6 honda mini me was a breeze. Skunk 2 ITM, teg ITR 72MM TB and Iceman CAI. BOOM done, she can breath. I HAD A HARD TIME JUST FINDING A CAI....just forget finding a lager TB and deff not a InTake Manifold. So for CAI's I got injen, K&N, and AEM. If any one has opintions on these please feel free to share. Ive always trusted Injen.

Im not putting down toyota in any way, just frustrated. Else wise I LOVE my solara... so so so much nicer then completely WHORED/ overly gay and ghettofied civics.

THANX GUYS.

I know the aftermarket is considerably less than that of some other cars. A member here with the username Tacti3 got a cai extension done to his Short ram, you really should talk to him about this. He even has a turbo set up on his 2AZ Gen 2.

There is also a sticky thread on the aftermarket parts list for our car on this site:

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=23611
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Chinky420 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:15 pm

to increase size of your ITM or TB you can always port and polish it. i don't know if the 1MZ or 2JZ TB would fit...i wouldn't think so (since i haven't heard of anyone around here doing it), but don't quote me on that.

there was a custom cold air extension for the 1mz, but it has long since been discontinued. i don't know if there's one for the 2az currently or in the past.

check the sticky....dredge through the achives of old posts and DIYs, and you'll find a good amount of stuff to start with.

don't be afraid to use the search function here, as many questions have already been asked before.

welcome to sg
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:30 pm

Finding parts for Solaras is a daunting task for sure. You can definitely find stuff for a Tc and most or much of it will work with your car, probably a little mod to some things as they will be designed to fit a Tc. But as far as fitting and working with the engine, you have options.

Welcome to the land of minor modding. :D
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GzNutz » Tue Oct 13, 2009 2:53 pm

Welcome to SG! Congrats on getting a Lara, but unfortunately there are little aftermarket upgrades for the gen 2's.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby crispone » Tue Oct 13, 2009 3:05 pm

^^^ Hope Tacti doesn't mind! Here are a few shots from our meet in Columbus WAY BACK WHEN!

Tacti! You out there?

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Oct 13, 2009 9:53 pm

welcome from the dark side! i got one of each at home... but the accord is mostly left dormant because i love driving the solara. 2az is 4banger right? otherwise I woulda just suggested the cp-e. but ya damn right. finding parts for the Solara is grueling, not to mention it'd cost you an arm and a leg.

must: TRD RSB. get that part first while you do your other research.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Kattatonik916 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:29 am

Well ty for all the welcomes and you guys are much more friendly then most of the car forums ive been on. The pics of that solara are very very nice. Ill have to get a few of my screen and 4ch amp I sneaky snuck in the trunk. Well Im getting better Ideas on where to head to and that there may be fabrication involved. Its just not going to be as easy as the civic. Well next project after my broken hand heals, taking a fiberglass mold of the solara grill and making a paint to match center grill and getting the eye lids on her. Ill post pics through out.

Thank you again for all the help and welcomes every1

Ps theres no such thing as minor modding, just gotta out smart the car makers :)
Kattatonik916
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Chinky420 » Wed Oct 14, 2009 11:34 am

Kattatonik916 wrote:Its just not going to be as easy as the civic.

hence: solaras > civics

accomplishing big mods is so much more rewarding, because it's more uncommon with the solara.

plus, the solara just looks so much better than a civic.
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby unbalancedwood » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:46 pm

Having had my Solara for a few years, putting lots of $ and mods and love into it, then selling it...getting into a my 89 CRX made me from the say I said goodbye to my Solara since this day has made me wish I didnt get rid of it.

Even though it was an old honda & modifications were so much eaiser, its deff not the same...you'll figure that out soon.

Luckly im back in the fam

<---MR2
unbalancedwood
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Wed Oct 14, 2009 1:50 pm

^ ooooh nice!!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby crispone » Wed Oct 14, 2009 2:20 pm

unbalancedwood wrote:Having had my Solara for a few years, putting lots of $ and mods and love into it, then selling it...getting into a my 89 CRX made me from the say I said goodbye to my Solara since this day has made me wish I didnt get rid of it.

Even though it was an old honda & modifications were so much eaiser, its deff not the same...you'll figure that out soon.

Luckly im back in the fam

<---MR2

Is that a blown motor? I have a nice hybrid CT26 (H3 trim... 58mm?) that would REALLY light it up! 8)

crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby tacti » Thu Oct 15, 2009 1:54 pm

Someone's looking for me??
I'm around, but not much on the forum recently...
way too busy at work and other stuff...
I used to have Injen Intake with custom CAI Extension.
make with plastic elbow from Autozone to check the size and shape, and took it to a local welding shop.
I don't remember the model number for the Injen, but if you look for 2004 camry, you'll fine one.

feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

>Crisp I don't mind anyone posting my car pics!
here's a link to my page, if anyone's interested in...

http://web.me.com/tacti/

Tact
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5