[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - JPP headers for the 2AZ Solara (question)
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

JPP headers for the 2AZ Solara (question)

JPP headers for the 2AZ Solara (question)

Postby DriDed » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:55 am

For those with the 2.4L Solara:

How did you get a JPP header? I looked many places on the internet and couldn't even find one for mine.

Was there like a prototype or a groupbuy on the header a while ago?
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby krawzyazn » Sun Nov 01, 2009 9:58 am

I got the first one and just call jpp for them
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:00 am

how much are they? what are the HP gains? does it sound different?
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Sun Nov 01, 2009 10:00 am

krawzyazn wrote:I got the first one and just call jpp for them

Thanks, haha.

I looked at their website and thought that they didn't carry them anymore, they don't even list them on sale on their website.

I will give them a call.

wkbrdr91 wrote:how much are they? what are the HP gains? does it sound different?

I don't know but if I install the INJEN SRI, the header, a high flow cat and a custom cat back exhaust, I should gain about 10 whp in the least lol.

Tacti3 did a setup similar to this and I am trying to copy it.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Garrryyunit » Sun Nov 01, 2009 6:28 pm

i have them on my car, but i cant tell what the sound is from... either my intake or header. but i noticed a slight increase. I'm not pro with cars, so i can't say by how much. just feels a little faster. haha

Photo My Car

2002 Solara SE - Sold
1992 Civic VX - Current
2003 S2000 - Current
Garrryyunit
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby tacti » Sun Nov 01, 2009 7:36 pm

I had custom CAI Extention with Injen SRI, JPP Header with Split Second signal calibrator, high flow cat, custom cat back and I got a little over 140 on wheel.
I loved the setup. it sounded pretty good, except some deep resonation from cat back. and definitely give me some power.
i wouldn't say best bang for buck, but pretty good gain for the cost.

Tact
Used to be... Sand Mica THE Limited
Now... RX-8 THE Stock.... :(
RX-8 Page
Solara Page
SG Map
tacti
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DriDed » Sun Nov 01, 2009 8:06 pm

tacti wrote:I had custom CAI Extention with Injen SRI, JPP Header with Split Second signal calibrator, high flow cat, custom cat back and I got a little over 140 on wheel.
I loved the setup. it sounded pretty good, except some deep resonation from cat back. and definitely give me some power.
i wouldn't say best bang for buck, but pretty good gain for the cost.

Tact

Thats good to know, I thought that whole package would just add about 10 whp.

How much did you spend on that package, including parts and labor?

Edit: nevermind, I reckon it is about $1500 total if I do the package with mine.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GzNutz » Mon Nov 02, 2009 7:13 am

If you are looking for real gains... save that cash, be like Tacti and go turbo. Cause if you ever plan on going with a turbo, those headers will not come in handy. The JPP headers are a quality product and should net decent gains. Just be prepared to spend more when you take into account the programmable signal calibrator and tuning needed to take advantage of the increased exhaust flow and eliminate any cel's.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DriDed » Mon Nov 02, 2009 12:47 pm

GzNutz wrote:If you are looking for real gains... save that cash, be like Tacti and go turbo. Cause if you ever plan on going with a turbo, those headers will not come in handy. The JPP headers are a quality product and should net decent gains. Just be prepared to spend more when you take into account the programmable signal calibrator and tuning needed to take advantage of the increased exhaust flow and eliminate any cel's.

Thats a good idea, I should save up for the turbo kit and supporting mods instead of the other stuff.

The cost is going to be at least 7,000 USD, holy moly.
Edit: after reading tacti3's turbo thread, I would rather just keep it to simple mods instead of going turbo.

For the cost of the turbo kit itself, supporting mods, and all the labor cost involved, I would have gotten a better deal by trading in my Solara for a more powerful car (which I will never do).
[/size]
Last edited by DriDed on Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:32 pm, edited 2 times in total.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GzNutz » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:12 pm

With that said, you can't go wrong with the JPP.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DriDed » Mon Nov 02, 2009 4:28 pm

My mind is like the weather; right now, realistically I can only afford the basic mods (IHE). Who knows, my Solara could be turbocharged a couple of years down the road. :lol:

I come up with the modding money myself like you guys, the problem is that I work at a job that pays like $7.40/ hour plus I got school that I also have to pay for.

I may go with forced induction sometime in the future when I have enough funds, the question is, will those turbo kits still be available a few years from now.

Tacti3's car provides an excellent example for me if I want to do turbo, the only thing I will add is reinforcing the engine internals.

There are so many routes I can go with my car, I don't even have to go with forced induction, I can just do a fully built NA car but that will not yield as much power.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5