[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Replacing Neons... What Color??
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Replacing Neons... What Color??

Postby jetbtkng » Tue Nov 17, 2009 8:54 pm

>>I'm a douche<< dont sweat it, i dont, i'll probably get in hot water again............... :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby BadAngel » Wed Nov 18, 2009 8:37 am

GO BLUE!
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CAKEMIXISGAY » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:08 pm

JMSinMaryland wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:
JMSinMaryland wrote:Good luck ricing it out, you're well on your way.

If I was going to do interior lights it would be LED's from either V-leds.com or oznium.com and go with one color all around. Neons are out. In addition white or red is classier than blue/green/yellow/etc.

Im talking about the INTERIOR of the car, im not ricing it out with neons and sh*t on the bottom...

and Im not the one who put 20's (maybe 19's?) on a camry thats over ten years old, with over 100,000 miles on it...

Nope, you're the owner that clowned out a 2006 4 cylinder Solara, Congrats :bday:

Wow ok I know I don't belong on this forum, but he didnt clown out his solara. he put subs in, an intke, and interior led's.

Your the douchebag that has gangster as rims on your broke ass camry. Do some worthwhile crap to your car. then talk trash about other people's stuff. i never realized how many flippin douchebags were on this site. ( not cake mix :P grow up, grow some balls, and stop being a flippin prick
CAKEMIXISGAY
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DriDed » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:19 pm

^^ I am not defending JMSmaryland but he did put a supercharger on his Camry, sure it is high miles but it looks decent for such an old car.

Wkbr91's Solara is the best looking Gen 2 in Windermere and one of the better looking ones around the Orlando area. I don't think I have seen another hardtop Solara with BBS rims so far during driving around in Orlando, FL (I saw two Gen 2 convertible with BBS rims), so his car is pretty unique.

I wish my Solara came with BBS rims, they cost like 450 USD per wheel at tirerack.com and that is the discount price (original msrp 750 per wheel).

My point is, both cars look good in their own right.

Edit: oh yea I look forward to racing your new car at CFRC Ryan. hahaha Race me only when your car is broken in, I wouldn't want to rape a machine like that lol.

Later,

Cake Mix :rofl:
Last edited by DriDed on Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:27 pm, edited 2 times in total.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:20 pm

DriDed wrote:^^ I am not defending JMSmaryland but he did put a supercharger on his Camry, sure it is high miles but it looks decent for such an old car.

Wkbr91's Solara is the best looking Gen 2 in Windermere and one of the better looking ones around the Orlando area. I don't think I have seen another hardtop Solara with BBS rims so far during driving around in Orlando, FL (I saw two Gen 2 convertible with BBS rims), so his car is pretty unique.

I wish my Solara came with BBS rims, they cost like 450 USD per wheel at tirerack.com and that is the discount price (original msrp 750 per wheel).

the ones i have retail at like 1200 each last time i checked, i forget where that was, but i remember that price tag :o

They didnt come with my car, i bought them at a 3rd party retailer that was connected to the Toyota dealership
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:24 pm

That is almost 5 grand all together, oh my gawd, If I had that much money right now I would have bought the stroker kit and have it installed haha.

I ain't kidding on the stroker kit, I really want to get it though, along with other engine mods. I have decided to make a fully built NA 2AZ Solara.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:26 pm

DriDed wrote:That is almost 5 grand all together, oh my gawd, If I had that much money right now I would have bought the stroker kit and have it installed haha.

haha you gotta have the basics!! rims are a must for me, and ive always heard 18"s are the best balance of looks and performance, and BBS is a pretty reputable brand 8)
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Wed Nov 18, 2009 1:29 pm

I think the only time I will upgrade my rims is if I decide to get the stoptech brake kit, which is not necessary for me.

A fully built NA Solara is only going to be a little if not over 200 whp, but the cost is going to be about the same if not more than having a TC turbo kit bought and installed.

I reckon it is going to be about 9 grand when it is all said and done, it is a rough estimate, it could be more.

EDIT: screw the all motor road, Tacti3's modding path is actually cheaper and makes more power. :lol:
Last edited by DriDed on Wed Nov 18, 2009 4:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JamesT » Wed Nov 18, 2009 2:54 pm

CAKEMIXISGAY wrote: Do some worthwhile crap to your car. then talk trash about other people's stuff.

lol
Click on picture for my CarDomain
BespokeAutoInterior
JamesT
Shift Boot Master Crafter
Shift Boot Master Crafter

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Wed Nov 18, 2009 5:01 pm

This sounds like some sort of
delayed instant replay.

:agrue: :lol:

Why can't we all just get along?!?!??!?
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:16 pm

OK, so i just bought 2 15 inch blue neons made by StreeGlow.... but i am thinking about getting LED's in my grill... not sure whether to go a "cool white" or blue

while doing a google search for the image below... my car comes up as the third result for the google image search of "neons behind grill" haha
http://images.google.com/images?q=neons ... =en&tab=wi

like this:

Just not as bright, and nothing would light up the ground.
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:42 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:

You are good to go, brighter doesn't mean better.

Is it as bright as the LEDs on your Pathfinder?
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Tue Dec 01, 2009 3:45 pm

DriDed wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:

You are good to go, brighter doesn't mean better.

Is it as bright as the LEDs on your Pathfinder?

They are different types of LED's... idk how to explain it. they are on a flexible strip with 3M tape on one side, so i can just mount it on this area above and below the grill, should make for a perfect level of brightness, i havent bought that yet though cause all they have is red at the moment
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:16 pm

Heres the installed BLUE neons :)

what it looks like from the back of the car (exterior)
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Thu Dec 31, 2009 11:26 pm

Whoa! You should hide that stuff under the dash where people can't see it. The color and brightness is fine though. Visible source= :(
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5