[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Painted Black Color on trim and NEED HELP!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Painted Black Color on trim and NEED HELP!

Painted Black Color on trim and NEED HELP!

Postby jong2be » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:39 pm

Hey guys! I changed my trim to black color

It's really clean, I removed every parts and painted primal first then painted black color for several times, If you want to do this things, I highly recommend use metallic finishing paint, in my case I bought it from Homedepot.

And I need help for next porject.
I'm trying to do other painting

how can I remove this part? our fixing manual webpage is not working from several months ago, so I couldn't get manual.

Thankx guys!

(Oh, I open my car domain today, so please visit my car domain guys~)
Last edited by jong2be on Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:08 pm, edited 1 time in total.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3812488/2 (If U wanna see bigger pics, you can see em in here)

2006 Toyota Solara

(Still, my grammar is sucks! plz understand it. lol)
jong2be
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Fri Nov 27, 2009 3:54 pm

Dang man, that looks nice. You're just trying to remove the switch covers on the steering wheel correct? Never removed mine but I imagine they just pop off. I'm sure someone here has taken them off and will chime in.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby jong2be » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:06 pm

LOL Thankx man.

Yup! Exactly I want to remove switch cover, so I tried to pop off, but It's not working. It seemed like I have to remove air bag part first.

but I have no idea how can I remove air bag (Horn) Part.
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3812488/2 (If U wanna see bigger pics, you can see em in here)

2006 Toyota Solara

(Still, my grammar is sucks! plz understand it. lol)
jong2be
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Ruski » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:27 pm

they do not pop off!!. you have to remove the two hex bolts holding the air bag in then you pull it out and and the two pieces are screwed in
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sat Nov 28, 2009 1:13 am

wow sweet ride! very unique.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby unbalancedwood » Sat Nov 28, 2009 7:44 am

Ruski wrote:they do not pop off!!. you have to remove the two hex bolts holding the air bag in then you pull it out and and the two pieces are screwed in

Not sure about the Gen2/solara airbag removal but make sure you find out how you are "SUPPOSE" to remove the airbag, usually it involves removing the power to the battery & waiting 30seconds before disconnecting the airbag....
unbalancedwood
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby mazen222 » Sat Nov 28, 2009 8:28 am

Nice man, i like your style
1999, 5 Speed V6
mazen222
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ruski » Sat Nov 28, 2009 2:37 pm

Yeap remove the power to battery for about 5 minutes, pull the covers on opposite ends covering the bolts. unscrew them remove airbag, unplug the connections to the back then each control has a screw holding it in , unplug the clips to and and then it removes from the inside of the controllers. then put it all together
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PXLpainter » Sun Nov 29, 2009 11:49 am

No matter what you do that steering wheel will still look like ass as long as you have that gay slip-on cover on it! :drinking:
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5