[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - DISGUSTED!!!- JUST INSTALLED TIRE/RIM COMBO AND THEY RUB!!!'
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

DISGUSTED!!!- JUST INSTALLED TIRE/RIM COMBO AND THEY RUB!!!'

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:59 pm

i just got lowered and im running 225 55 17 all around and it rubbed on the strut tower just like your. i got a 10mm spacer and cured that but now its rubbing on my fender so now i gotta roll them.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby Joe Cat » Mon Nov 30, 2009 6:20 am

Do you think it would have worked PERFECT if you did not lower the car ??

JOe
Joe Cat
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby PhreakdOut » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:31 am

Joe, I thought I answered this question on November 19th! I said those tires were going to rub. It doesn't matter if you did or didn't lower since it is the spring seat that rubs. This distance between the tire and the seat doesn't change when lowering. The only solution is correct tire size. Go back and read my post. :wink:

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=47469&highlight=
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby PhreakdOut » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:46 am

kingkakyle wrote:well since u wont use the tire calculator
our stock size is 215/55/17

215/55/18 would make the tire 3.7% larger overall
while a 225/45/18 would make is 1.3% smaller

you are supposed to get closest to stock diameter as possible
and trust me if you get good enough quality tires you wont notice a more uncomfortable ride
for me i think my 225/45/18 ride much smoother and comfortably than the stock 17s

i think technically 235/45/18 is the closest u can get, but u will most likely get rubbing because of its width

Very well done!
-- The Phreak
'04 350Z 6spd Touring Roadster w/Nav | Megan Racing | Greddy | Nissan Motorsports | Whiteline | Wicked Tuning | Giovanna | Injen | Polished Intake & Throttle Body | Eibach | Central 20 | Stillen | Misc CF Items
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby DriDed » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:45 am

joecat, if you have actually spent time researching the fitments instead of just slapping crap on your car to see if it works, you wouldn't have car troubles like you do now, dumbass.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Joe Cat » Tue Dec 01, 2009 6:54 am

DriDed- Tell me how you really feel????

LOL

Joe Cat
Joe Cat
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Toy1mzfe » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:45 am

We all just trying to help a fella.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby trdkamuri51o » Tue Dec 01, 2009 10:52 am

Joe u need to listen to what was said. You have the wrong tire size. Period. End of that discussion if you choose not to listen that's your perogative but don't waste our Time anymore unless you are willing to listen to advice. Talk about thick in the skull
need wheels? www.memoryfab.com - ask for david

-1JZ Bozo Camry = Cooler than Penguin crap in January on the face of Pluto.
trdkamuri51o
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Joe Cat » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:00 am

Dude,iSwitch to decafe.

Mellow out- Geese its not your money and if my thread is bothering you-Move along. We all cant be pros working at wheel shops.

Joe
Joe Cat
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kingkakyle » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:17 am

Joe Cat wrote:Dude,iSwitch to decafe.

Mellow out- Geese its not your money and if my thread is bothering you-Move along. We all cant be pros working at wheel shops.

Joe

u dont have to be a pro
i just spelled that crap out for u lol
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Biggi_e » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:24 am

Joe

:arg: :bird:

what a waste of a thread...
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby PhreakdOut » Tue Dec 01, 2009 11:40 am

Joe

Relax guys. Joe had the wheels and tires already from his Lexus. I would have tried em too. You never know what might work. Sometimes you can add a spacer and push the tire outward where it might not hit on the spring seat.

So no issues Joe. These guys get passionate sometimes.

Seriously, I know your concerns about sidewall. When I was rocking a Gen2, I had the same concerns. Here in the Detroit area, there are pot holes the size of Volkwagens. I ended up loving the ride on the 235/45R18's. There is a lot of sidewall still. (See the picture below)

The tire gap is closed up nicely with TRD springs. I miss the ride on this car. My 350Z is dropped 30mm and rides on 35 series in front and 30 series in back. Now that's a soft ride like! LMAO!
-- The Phreak
PhreakdOut
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5