[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - NEw interior lights
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

NEw interior lights

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:24 pm

DriDed wrote:I wonder if anybody has experienced epileptic seizure while staring at a car with either interior neons or underbody pulse neons, kinda like that Pokemon epidsode with the Porygon.
:lol:

Idk about that, but ive definitely been distracted by crazy lit up cars.. once saw this GMC sierra with TONS of lighting that constantly changed colors (LED)... definitely distracting
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: NEw interior lights

Postby DriDed » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:30 pm

indy04 wrote:Decided to do a cheap upgrade on my interior and just added some green lighting :D

I like that green color, looks great!

wkbr91 wrote:Idk about that, but ive definitely been distracted by crazy lit up cars.. once saw this GMC sierra with TONS of lighting that constantly changed colors (LED)... definitely distracting

The guy who owned that truck overkilled it with neons, I bet it looks like one of those fruity pride parade floats.

Only one neon color should be used and should be the kinds that stay on all the time and not blinking.
Last edited by DriDed on Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby indy04 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:36 pm

^^^^ lol
that is a good question
indy04
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: NEw interior lights

Postby BesI » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:17 pm

indy04 wrote:Decided to do a cheap upgrade on my interior and just added some green lighting :D

Have you connected the neons with the dome light ?? i mean when you open the door do those lights come on too ?
BesI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby indy04 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 7:27 pm

no i did not have them run there. I have them run to a switch in the center console.
indy04
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SoLarry » Tue Dec 15, 2009 7:33 pm

I was thinking of putting some footwell lights in my '04. My other car, a '91 Olds Toronado, has a total of 11 lights that come on when you open a door, compared to 1 in the 'Lara. How much of a job would it be to wire them up to come on when the door is opened?
1991 Oldsmobile Toronado

2004 Toyota Solara SE
SoLarry
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SleeperSolara » Tue Dec 15, 2009 10:33 pm

Loooks pretty good man. 8)

I have blue ones in my car.

^^
I know in this picture you can see the blue neon light alittle bit but it was the angle i took the picture at.
You can't see the neons at all.

Here's my trunk:

^^
OEM lightin'......

^^
15" white computer cathode tube. :lol:
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby JamesT » Tue Dec 15, 2009 11:13 pm

I'd use LEDs instead of neons.

They draw less current and last a lot longer.
Click on picture for my CarDomain
BespokeAutoInterior
JamesT
Shift Boot Master Crafter
Shift Boot Master Crafter

Postby Skew » Wed Dec 16, 2009 6:49 am

Green is to... "Stock" looking to me. I plan on buying some blue neons. Looking at Bue underglow also.
| 99 SLE V6 | TRD AB Exhaust | Vinyl Matte Black Roof | Custom Mesh Grill | 20% Tint |
Skew
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TLMNICK » Wed Dec 16, 2009 9:44 am

Looks good man.

All my cars have a set of feet lights. Aside from looking good, I actually find them quite useful sometimes while driving in the dark.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:15 am

I have white leds in my car, under the front seats pointed back to the footwells, and under the dash lighting up the fronts. Also installed them in the rear passenger grab handles. They look dope. I also had a super bright led dome light that had 25 leds, and six green 12 inch cold cathode tubes in the trunk. It was CRAZY bright! I might put that stuff back together just for fun, I took it out to clean the trunk and never put it back.
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby CosmicGrooves » Wed Dec 16, 2009 10:02 pm

For me, lights in the floor aren't my thing, shows all the dirt, but those look cool. I like that the green matches the instrument cluster! Looks good.
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5