[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Train Horns In Solara
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Train Horns In Solara

Train Horns In Solara

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 6:45 pm

Now I have seen my friends F-150 with train horns... and I really want them.

I'm expecting to be flamed for this, so go ahead, but i dont really care how stupid, wasteful, or immature this mod is!!!

Now the reason for this post is... does anyone know how big of a kit i can fit into a gen 2, while keeping everything outside of the car (compressor + tank) as i dont want to hear it in the trunk, and dont have room for it there anyways.

http://hornblasters.com/

Heres a video of some of the horns sold at this site:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BGYcnYLK_50
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krawzyazn » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:44 pm

not street legal! lol
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Dec 10, 2009 7:47 pm

^^^

what's legal AND fun these days??? haha

I think if you wire the horn up separately from the stock location (as in not pressing steering wheel in to relese the air) its "more legal"
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:35 pm

If you ever want to scare the feces of people, this is the mod to do.

Kind of overkill though, its way too loud, it might cause people to go deaf!! :lol:

Truck horns would be sufficient.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jetbtkng » Thu Dec 10, 2009 11:24 pm

im going to put them in my cars, i wish i could put one on my harley's............... :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:01 am

Moderator Mole had some gnarly horn(s) in his beloved Gen 1, maybe he could shed some light in here.
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby '_' » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:29 am

I was going to install some louder horns at one point, but never got around to it. If you want something louder, there are smaller more compact electric horns that run off of compressors. Forgot the name but it sounds like a good deal for the price. Also Hella horns might be an alternative; my cousin had them on his car.
'_'
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby wkbrdr91 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 3:59 am

I already have aftermarket horns, ive got some bad-boys in the solara right now. and a yacht horn + 3 air horns (but no tank, just directly connected to compressor), but they dont get that deep sound im looking for, the Yukon is crazy loud, the Solara sounds like its got train horns, but not nearly as loud.
So i want crazy loud and deep haha... gotta make up for the lack of an intimidating car!!
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby akora12 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 6:37 am

That's crazy expensive for just a horn!
2000 Solara SEV6 5-speed S/C - Dismantled and sold :(
akora12
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JMSinMaryland » Fri Dec 11, 2009 7:14 am

Try http://www.stebelengineeredsounds.com/

In my Sequoia I have their Big Daddy combination with the stock horns, plenty loud without being illegal.

Most Tundra/Sequoia guys just add the Nautilus Compact Truck Horn to their stock horns and it sounds like the train horns. These have mini compressors built into the assembly.
JMSinMaryland
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Fri Dec 11, 2009 2:06 pm

JMSinMaryland wrote:Try http://www.stebelengineeredsounds.com/

In my Sequoia I have their Big Daddy combination with the stock horns, plenty loud without being illegal.

Most Tundra/Sequoia guys just add the Nautilus Compact Truck Horn to their stock horns and it sounds like the train horns. These have mini compressors built into the assembly.

Ya i have something similar in my Solara now (dual tone wolo badboy), plus 2 jeep horns and the stock horns. Its still not enough for me.

and in the yukon ive got horns meant for a megayacht and the MODEL 405 AIRMITE 3 from Wolo (http://www.wolo-mfg.com/air.htm)... which is loud a sh*t but i want more from both cars!!!
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby JamesT » Fri Dec 11, 2009 4:09 pm

My car doesn't even have stock horns...

I forgot to wire them back up.
Click on picture for my CarDomain
BespokeAutoInterior
JamesT
Shift Boot Master Crafter
Shift Boot Master Crafter

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5