[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Installation and Testing of Injen SRI at track
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Installation and Testing of Injen SRI at track

Postby DriDed » Mon Jan 04, 2010 2:15 pm

I know that temperature makes a difference in the e.t. but my new best e.t. with the Solara seems so significant compared to my previous night's times.

I will look more into that subject though, I remember one fellow SG member had dyno'ed his Stock Solara 2 different times on 2 different dates , one of which had a better results.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Down2TheC » Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:52 am

I know exactly what Injen gets you. 2 whp. When CPe was doing the proto they tried a 2.75" pipe and got 2 whp improvement with the lightest testing filter you'd ever run. No way you're getting more than that without tuning and/or bumping to the 3.5" pipe.

Makes sense... since you're not increasing the size that was in the airbox. You're just saving the turns and twists and making it a shorter trip.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby DriDed » Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:00 am

Down2TheC wrote:I know exactly what Injen gets you. 2 whp. When CPe was doing the proto they tried a 2.75" pipe and got 2 whp improvement with the lightest testing filter you'd ever run. No way you're getting more than that without tuning and/or bumping to the 3.5" pipe.

Makes sense... since you're not increasing the size that was in the airbox. You're just saving the turns and twists and making it a shorter trip.

That 2 whp is probably true, that is why I am going for more mods this summer, the NST underdrive pulley!!

Tacti3 only got like a 10+ whp gain with a full exhaust setup so I can definitely believe you.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5