[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Installation and Testing of Injen SRI at track
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Installation and Testing of Injen SRI at track

Postby DriDed » Mon Dec 21, 2009 8:21 am

The sound at agressive acceleration is very addictive to the ear.

Performance-wise, it is just an intake, I don't expect an "oh shoot" acceleration but the car definitely had more pull compared to stock.

We will all see what this Intake is about this weekend at the track, hopefully it will still be cold and sunny.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby kingkakyle » Mon Dec 21, 2009 4:58 pm

its not "tuned" unless u have a box attatched to the ecu like the CP-e's have
its probably the same urs is just shaped differently....and probably a newer version
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DriDed » Mon Dec 21, 2009 6:19 pm

Injen probably rebadges some of their product, like the IS2025P intake, they rebadged it as the "tuned" intake model and thats the one you guys have.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby kpxboi0619 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 1:24 am

Are you sure it's Injen not Enjen or Anjen??? LOLLLL
kpxboi0619
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Got2XLR8 NYX » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:16 am

DriDed wrote:I have decided not to do the TEIN coilovers or TRD lowering springs w/ GR-2 shocks because of that Albertsons parking lot exit that scrapped the heck of the car's front bumper.

I also have to get that bumper repainted this summer.

Of all the exits in that plaza u chose the one betweene Perkins and CVS because? Not criticizing u just pointing out that its a bad spot for all cars lowered or not. Personally thats an entrance only for me...never an Exit but I see what u mean. I still havent Lowered my car b/c of my CAI and being in FL, when it rains it rains but when it Pours... well... my Lara isnt Amphibious so thats that.
5Speed 2000 SC V6 @ 4.5PSI
TRD Lip Kit : TRD Exhaust : TRD RSB : TRD SC : TSW REVO 17x8
CAI Extention : TWM Short Shifter : Injen Intake : DIY Black Housing : Renova Grille : ACT 6 Puck : Jim's Fuel Mod : Walbro 190 : JIC FSTB
Got2XLR8 NYX
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Wed Dec 23, 2009 4:23 am

Got2XLR8 NYX wrote:Of all the exits in that plaza u chose the one betweene Perkins and CVS because? Not criticizing u just pointing out that its a bad spot for all cars lowered or not. Personally thats an entrance only for me...never an Exit but I see what u mean. I still havent Lowered my car b/c of my CAI and being in FL, when it rains it rains but when it Pours... well... my Lara isnt Amphibious so thats that.

After that scrape did I knew that exit stinked haha.

kpxboi0619 wrote:Are you sure it's Injen not Enjen or Anjen??? LOLLLL

I am sure it is an INJEN, I saw the pics on the official website, mine is authentic haha.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:47 am

Got2XLR8 NYX wrote:
DriDed wrote:I have decided not to do the TEIN coilovers or TRD lowering springs w/ GR-2 shocks because of that Albertsons parking lot exit that scrapped the heck of the car's front bumper.

I also have to get that bumper repainted this summer.

Of all the exits in that plaza u chose the one betweene Perkins and CVS because? Not criticizing u just pointing out that its a bad spot for all cars lowered or not. Personally thats an entrance only for me...never an Exit but I see what u mean. I still havent Lowered my car b/c of my CAI and being in FL, when it rains it rains but when it Pours... well... my Lara isnt Amphibious so thats that.

ya most people know not to take that exit... even my 2008 GMC Yukon scrapes going out of there. the only car of mine that wont scrape is the 2008 Nissan Pathfinder, i can go as fast as i want out of there in that and its just more fun without scraping hahaha
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Wed Dec 23, 2009 3:37 pm

That entrance/exit between Perkins and CVS shouldn't even qualify for an entrance, many times one of the tires of my Solara was up in the air during the turning in from Apoka Vineland (the car was going slow).

Now I know to avoid that entrance/exit, too bad I had to learn the hard way :roll:
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby kingkakyle » Wed Dec 23, 2009 6:22 pm

well just fyi the TRD springs will give u the LEAST drop
so anything else will be lower
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DriDed » Wed Dec 23, 2009 7:28 pm

With the TRD springs and stock 16" wheels, the Solara will still be riding high.

The Tein Coilover cost over a grand brand new and I would have to get the GR-2 shocks if I go for the lowering springs.

But if I go for the lowering springs/GR-2 shocks route, the fastest time that I can get this on the Solara would be in year 2011 or 2012. Haha it is a slow car project, it has been a work in progress since year 2004. :lol:

This summer or possibly this spring break I will do the NST crank-lite pulley.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby N-Dawg » Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:14 am

DriDed wrote: Haha it is a slow car project, it has been a work in progress since year 2004. :lol:

This summer or possibly this spring break I will do the NST crank-lite pulley.

I'm the same way, had the car since 2005 and barely getting around to doign things to it. I feel so far behind everyone else in this forum.
N-Dawg
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DriDed » Sun Jan 03, 2010 6:34 am

I went to the local 1/8 dragstrip to test the Injen SRI and have to say that the mod is awesome!

It was great to hear that intake noise all night long but the real important thing for me was that the intake actually made the car a little bit faster compared to stock and that it wasn't just a noisemaker.

Tech info:

Preparation:

Trunk emptied (removed spare tire, tire jack, boards, trunk mat, and that black box thingy on the driver's side of the trunk).

Interior (removed all floor mats, CDs)

Gas tank (approximately at 1/4 level)

Tire Pressure (measured when cold):

Front = 30 PSI

Rear = 40 PSI

*On 12/11/2009, the preparation was in the same way except that the front tire pressure was set at 30psi and rear tire pressure was set at 35psi*

*The temperature at the track on the previous night (12/11/2009) was in the high 50s*

*The temperature at the track last night (1/2/2010) was 48F to 50F*

Proof:
My Solara is #1723

From TOP to BOTTOM (Before & After Injen SRI):

+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GzNutz » Mon Jan 04, 2010 11:32 am

Slower reaction time and still a quicker 1/8th. Nice!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DriDed » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:37 pm

The reaction time and the elapsed time (e.t.) have nothing to do with each other but they both go together in terms of winning races at the track.

Its hard to explain in words for me because English Composition is not my strong suit.
Last edited by DriDed on Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jetbtkng » Mon Jan 04, 2010 1:40 pm

10 degree's cooler will make a difference in your times also, more hp............. :drinking:
jetbtkng
solaraguy idiot racing team
solaraguy idiot racing team

PreviousNext

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5