[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New for 2010 - Blk HL's complete...
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

New for 2010 - Blk HL's complete...

New for 2010 - Blk HL's complete...

Postby GzNutz » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:48 pm

*edit* Blacked out headlights finished see p.2
*edit* Smoked fogs and gen 2.5 tails see p.5

Just a few projects going on...
gen2.5 temp/mpg cluster enroute

*edit* Blacked out headlights finished see p.2
Last edited by GzNutz on Thu Apr 22, 2010 5:21 pm, edited 4 times in total.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DriDed » Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:19 pm

I want to see the pictures after you installed those new mods!! :lol:
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby YoungDonDraper » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:29 pm

Wow, your climate controls are going to be BRIGHT with those HIDs.

Where'd you pick up the center gauge cluster? It looks like we have the same projects in mind. I read that someone just switched out the LEDs in their gauges, did you look into that at all?
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby wkbrdr91 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:33 pm

wont the DRL's be alot dimmer now that theres nothing to reflect off of??
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BadAngel » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:22 pm

BLACK HOUSING! WELCOME TO THE CLUB BROOOOOO! did my pics help u at all?

Also lemme know how the HID's in your high beams work because i know your high beams work as your DRL's so if you put a lower voltage through them they flicker and stuff.
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Wed Jan 06, 2010 5:58 am

YoungDonDraper wrote:Wow, your climate controls are going to be BRIGHT with those HIDs.

Where'd you pick up the center gauge cluster? It looks like we have the same projects in mind. I read that someone just switched out the LEDs in their gauges, did you look into that at all?

I had thought about swapping the leds but figured meh, I'd rather just get the newer climate controls and dash cluster. Knowing me I'd have the gaps in my dash for a few weeks if I were to tear the units apart.

I've been searching on ebay for the past six months for the center cluster and finally found one posted a few days before the 1st. Another approach to ebay is to contact sellers of the gen2.5 radios or climate controls, most of the time they have the whole car for salvage but don't post all items. The problem I had with that approach was they were asking for more than I was willing to spend.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:00 am

wkbrdr91 wrote:wont the DRL's be alot dimmer now that theres nothing to reflect off of??

They will be dimmer but I normally drive with them off so I'm not too concerned with brightness. Hi-beams however will be another story, but that is why I'm also upgrading the fogs to hids.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:13 am

BadAngel wrote:BLACK HOUSING! WELCOME TO THE CLUB BROOOOOO! did my pics help u at all?

Also lemme know how the HID's in your high beams work because i know your high beams work as your DRL's so if you put a lower voltage through them they flicker and stuff.

Your pics were the inspiration. They were a perfect breakdown of the process and were all that was needed for a guide. Thanks for taking the time to put them up.

The 6000k s are to upgrade my low beams from the current 35w hid to 55w. The other set of hids are 3000k for my fogs which I plan on niteshading. My drl's and hi-beams won't see much use after the install, but I wonder if a hi-low kit would work.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Projex0 » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:38 am

hey Gz its a good time for a retro.. is the climate cluster a diff color?
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Wed Jan 06, 2010 6:55 am

Projex0 wrote:hey Gz its a good time for a retro.. is the climate cluster a diff color?

Its backlit blue instead of green. After I see how this set turns out and get it installed I will probably go to work on the other set with any changes/retrofit.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby sahuddleston » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:47 am

very nice! lookin forward to the lights!
2012 Ford Shelby GT500
2013 Hyundai Genesis 4.6

2002 Toyota Solara SE - First Turbo 2AZ-FE
sahuddleston
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jimmm » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:50 am

I LOVE THE TAG, 3MZ. Does your state have
front and back tags?
2004 SLE V6 3.3 Desert Sand Mica
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby BadAngel » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:09 pm

GzNutz wrote:
BadAngel wrote:BLACK HOUSING! WELCOME TO THE CLUB BROOOOOO! did my pics help u at all?

Your pics were the inspiration. They were a perfect breakdown of the process and were all that was needed for a guide. Thanks for taking the time to put them up.

The 6000k s are to upgrade my low beams from the current 35w hid to 55w. The other set of hids are 3000k for my fogs which I plan on niteshading. My drl's and hi-beams won't see much use after the install, but I wonder if a hi-low kit would work.

OHHHHH they are for the fogs lol... good idea. My friend tried to put HID's in his low beams and the blink like strobes when his DRL's are on. I tried them in my car, and they just don't turn on at all. Im still trying to figure out how to get HID's in my high beams and allow the DRL's to function properly. I wonder if there's anyone who has done that on a gen2?
INGEN SRI, TRD Springs RSB & FSTB, KYB GR-2 struts, Drilled & Slotted Rotors, Tinted Tails & Fogs,Black Housing Headlights, 8000K HID's, Custom Upper & Lower grilles.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:58 pm

jimmm wrote:I LOVE THE TAG, 3MZ. Does your state have
front and back tags?

Unfortunately, here in WI we are required to have both front and back. I only post my rear and keep the 2nd plate in the trunk just in case I do get pulled over. As long as your driving doesn't make you stick out, the police seem to be pretty relaxed on violations like a missing front plate. *Knocks on wood*
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby BadAngel » Wed Jan 06, 2010 8:16 pm

yeah you might wanna watch out with those headlights tho... I know in New York its illegal to modify your headlights in any way. So HID's are illegal and then the black housing is especially illegal lol.
BadAngel
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5