[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Do 07 Camry Climate Controls work in 06 Solara?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Do 07 Camry Climate Controls work in 06 Solara?

Do 07 Camry Climate Controls work in 06 Solara?

Postby YoungDonDraper » Fri Jan 08, 2010 1:38 pm

Hey guys,

I have an 06 Solara SE and my first priority is to get rid of the damn ugly green interior lighting. I located an 08 manual climate control cluster locally, but today I saw pictures of an 07 Camry Manual Climate Control that I might like more. Check it out here: http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/07-08-09-Toyota-Camry-AC-Climate-Control-Switch-OEM_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQhashZitem2ea9d436a1QQitemZ200417752737QQptZMotorsQ5fCarQ5fTruckQ5fPartsQ5fAccessories.

Do these fit in Solaras? If so, what do you think, better than the 2.5 Solara controls (light blue light instead of green).
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DriDed » Fri Jan 08, 2010 2:46 pm

Do the 06 come with climate control?
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Jan 08, 2010 3:37 pm

camry interior pieces will not fit in the solara
it looks very similar, but is not the same
so trim dash trim pieces and such will not fit

and yes 04+ sle solaras had climate control
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby DriDed » Fri Jan 08, 2010 4:31 pm

I don't think its worth it to switch the climate controls like that, if it works, why fix it?

I understand you want a different shade of light in the interior but neons can take care of that, just ask wkbr91 (Mike).
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby sahuddleston » Fri Jan 08, 2010 5:20 pm

i would think replacing the bulbs behind the hvac controls would be much easier. i know they are difficult to successfully complete but i am sure one of the gen 2 guys has done it.
2012 Ford Shelby GT500
2013 Hyundai Genesis 4.6

2002 Toyota Solara SE - First Turbo 2AZ-FE
sahuddleston
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby YoungDonDraper » Fri Jan 08, 2010 7:11 pm

sahuddleston wrote:i would think replacing the bulbs behind the hvac controls would be much easier. i know they are difficult to successfully complete but i am sure one of the gen 2 guys has done it.

Is there a DIY guide out there somewhere?
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Do 07 Camry Climate Controls work in 06 Solara?

Postby GzNutz » Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:15 pm

YoungDonDraper wrote:Hey guys,

Do these fit in Solaras? If so, what do you think, better than the 2.5 Solara controls (light blue light instead of green).

I just installed an '07 solara climate unit in my '05. I prefer the look. It's a little blue'r in color than the lighted ring around the ignition. Unless you plan on going aftermarket with the stereo or to the 2.5 stereo along with the temp/mpg dash clock, the change of the climate unit alone doesn't look right. I will post a pic a little bit later of the climate unit at night.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:38 pm

GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby YoungDonDraper » Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:26 pm

GzNutz wrote:

I just installed an '07 solara climate unit in my '05. I prefer the look. It's a little blue'r in color than the lighted ring around the ignition. Unless you plan on going aftermarket with the stereo or to the 2.5 stereo along with the temp/mpg dash clock, the change of the climate unit alone doesn't look right. I will post a pic a little bit later of the climate unit at night.

It seems like we're going pretty much in the same direction with our interiors. I picked up climate controls from a 2007 locally for $25 and installed them yesterday. I figured they'd look odd (and we're right, they do), but it's just a temporary thing until I get an aftermarket HU.

Unfortunately I was in a rush because I had someone coming over with a DVD player they were trying to sell me, so I scratched the faceplate of the controls. Hopefully I can find one from a junk yard or figure out how to repaint them.

What are you going to do about the clock/mpg gauges? Are you going to just find a set from a 2.5, or do an LED swap? I've looked around a decent amount, but haven't been able to locate a set from a 2.5, have you?
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Ruski » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:05 pm

LED swaps are not that easy, and there are alot in the climate control and mpg,clock,temp gauges. but some time and careful work it can be done
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 2:20 pm

YoungDonDraper wrote:
GzNutz wrote:

It seems like we're going pretty much in the same direction with our interiors. I picked up climate controls from a 2007 locally for $25 and installed them yesterday. I figured they'd look odd (and we're right, they do), but it's just a temporary thing until I get an aftermarket HU.

Unfortunately I was in a rush because I had someone coming over with a DVD player they were trying to sell me, so I scratched the faceplate of the controls. Hopefully I can find one from a junk yard or figure out how to repaint them.

What are you going to do about the clock/mpg gauges? Are you going to just find a set from a 2.5, or do an LED swap? I've looked around a decent amount, but haven't been able to locate a set from a 2.5, have you?

I purchased an '07 clock cluster on ebay, but when I installed it the idiot seller misposted an 04-06 as an 07. I am now trying to track another one down.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby YoungDonDraper » Mon Jan 11, 2010 4:00 pm

GzNutz wrote:I purchased an '07 clock cluster on ebay, but when I installed it the idiot seller misposted an 04-06 as an 07. I am now trying to track another one down.

Gotcha. Well if you find an extra set floating around let me know. What'd you pay for the cluster on eBay?
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:21 pm

YoungDonDraper wrote:
GzNutz wrote:I purchased an '07 clock cluster on ebay, but when I installed it the idiot seller misposted an 04-06 as an 07. I am now trying to track another one down.

Gotcha. Well if you find an extra set floating around let me know. What'd you pay for the cluster on eBay?

$34 shipped
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5