[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - B&G lowering springs?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

B&G lowering springs?

B&G lowering springs?

Postby ATXguy » Sun Jan 17, 2010 4:51 pm

I am looking to lower my new 07 Solara SE Sport Convertible. I just purchased it with 21k miles and want to make it look sportier...

QUESTION: Are B&G lowering springs a good quality spring and lowering solution to go with? Not much out there for reviews on this brand.

The TRD springs are great but have limited warranty (12mo). The Eibach versions of the same spring with 1m mile warranty but come in black color only - I want red for some strange reason... I did find a great price on B&G Lowering Springs that I am considering pairing with my existing SE Sport Struts. These springs provide a tad bit less lowering with Front and Rear Drop of only 1.4" but come with a lifetime warranty for a $193.45 delivered price. Longer warranty, red color, less expensive, and less aggressive drop...

Note: I would also like to add spacers along with the lowering springs to the stock sport alloys to my daily driver so I am thinking the 1.4" drop will be acceptable with the 17"ers and might be a good ride while still firm enough handling. .

Thoughts?

ATXguy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Aotoyota » Mon Jan 18, 2010 4:34 am

congrats on your lara..

b&G is generally a euro brand of springs. they are suppose to be nice, but i havent heard of anyone with them on the lara or any other car.

plus the for the new 07s, the rear is a bit higher than the front in stock form.
Thats why the trd springs are 1.4F and 1.6R... er thats what the guy from toyota told me.

and above all else, get the rear sway bar. that makes a huge difference sport susp or not.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby kingkakyle » Mon Jan 18, 2010 5:15 am

i understand the wanting of the red TRD springs but really when will u ever see them
even the older run of the TRD springs were black....so i dont really see a point to the color especially if its your daily
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5