[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Viper Car Alarm
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Viper Car Alarm

Viper Car Alarm

Postby aagar001 » Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:32 am

I have recently purchased a Viper Remote Start System for my 2006 Toyota Solara and I am looking for DIY instructions. I want to do this install 100% on my own and I want to see if anyone has detailed steps on how to do this.

I have a 2006 All stock, NO JBL, No Nav, and not a V6.

Please let me know.
aagar001
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby LatinDragonXJC » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:53 pm

LatinDragonXJC
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Location: Chilltown,Jersey City, New Jersey, United States, North America, Earth, Galaxy, Aliens Belly Button

Postby Aotoyota » Thu Jan 28, 2010 1:56 pm

its a huge pain to do. hope you've wired an alarm before.
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TLMNICK » Thu Jan 28, 2010 2:09 pm

I do not recommend you trying it on your own if you don't have any prior electrical experience. The above link to my tutorial is a good place to start, but the gen2 solara wiring will be different.

On top of the wiring being different, you'll have to deal with the transponder immobilizer, and if you dont have any experience dealing with that, then you're going to run into a lot of trouble.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby [SMAN] » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:43 am

Yeah i just finaly finished up my viper alarm (need to add a few wires for things like trunk pop and rear defroster. It is a HUGE pain and took me 2 days (partialy to my own stupidity with the imobilizer bypass). I've done remote starts plenty of times profesionaly, but this car gave me more trouble than most of my other ones. If this is your first time, perhaps you want to wire an 86 honda first to get some practice before going on to a more complicated system.
2004 Solara V6 SE
2005 4Runner V6 Sport
1996 Camry I4
[SMAN]
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby UPTs_Finest » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:12 pm

yea i'm a MECP best buy installer and i still didn't like doing my Solara. I wouldn't mess with it unless you have some good experience. the viper system isn't extremely hard but its not exactly a diy install
UPTs_Finest
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby TLMNICK » Wed Feb 03, 2010 9:41 pm

UPTs_Finest wrote:yea i'm a MECP best buy installer and i still didn't like doing my Solara. I wouldn't mess with it unless you have some good experience. the viper system isn't extremely hard but its not exactly a diy install

No offence to you since I don't know you, but about 90% of all the customers that come in for "repairs" are coming straight from bestbuy lol. Here in Toronto, Bestbuy/futureshop stores practically LIVE to terrorize peoples cars. I'll pull off the dash panel of a car that's just been to best buy and all I can think of is "what were they thinking?"

The solara is an easy car to do if you have electrical experience. For someone to jump into the job without ever working with these things before....that's a different story.
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby UPTs_Finest » Sat Feb 13, 2010 12:26 am

TLMNICK wrote:
UPTs_Finest wrote:yea i'm a MECP best buy installer and i still didn't like doing my Solara. I wouldn't mess with it unless you have some good experience. the viper system isn't extremely hard but its not exactly a diy install

No offence to you since I don't know you, but about 90% of all the customers that come in for "repairs" are coming straight from bestbuy lol. Here in Toronto, Bestbuy/futureshop stores practically LIVE to terrorize peoples cars. I'll pull off the dash panel of a car that's just been to best buy and all I can think of is "what were they thinking?"

The solara is an easy car to do if you have electrical experience. For someone to jump into the job without ever working with these things before....that's a different story.

lol, i have no problem with that, cause I personally know a lot of installers who are lazy and to half ass jobs at best buy because of their insurance policy and the lack of pay for what they do. its a gamble based on who you get, but as a customer i would never take my car there even if i were too busy to do the install myself.

good luck though if you do attempt the alarm/remote start and it is your first install.
UPTs_Finest
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5