[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Any decent, low-price 6000k headlight bulbs?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Any decent, low-price 6000k headlight bulbs?

Any decent, low-price 6000k headlight bulbs?

Postby YoungDonDraper » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:11 pm

Hey all, I just swapped out my glove box/dome/map lights for 6000k LED's (from V-LEDs on eBay, they look sick) and now I need to do the same for my headlights.

At some point in the relatively near future I'm going to install a nice set of HIDs, but in the meantime I want to put in a set of 6000k headlights. I had some bad experiences with cheap ebay xenons 2 cars ago, but have they improved in the meantime? Any recommendations on where to pick up a decent set on the cheap? Thanks in advance.

Oh, 2006 SE by the way.

YDD
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby tSse06 » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:23 pm

tSse06
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby .onetohate » Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:44 pm

x2 for DDM.. they're a legit company here in cali, those maxima guys usually run down to sd to pick up loads and loads to bring up here in norcal and they work damn well!
.onetohate
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby NightRider » Sun Feb 07, 2010 10:18 pm

Look up VME on eBay and you will find some hids that are pretty good for the price and they are plug and play. That's what I am running right now and I love them. They were a pain in the ass to get. If you look up my posts about hids you will see the thread.
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby YoungDonDraper » Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:44 am

NightRider wrote:Look up VME on eBay and you will find some hids that are pretty good for the price and they are plug and play. That's what I am running right now and I love them. They were a pain in the ass to get. If you look up my posts about hids you will see the thread.

I looked around quite a bit and couldn't find your thread. Could you point me in the right direction?
YoungDonDraper
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:32 am

NightRider wrote:Look up VME on eBay and you will find some hids that are pretty good for the price and they are plug and play. That's what I am running right now and I love them. They were a pain in the ass to get. If you look up my posts about hids you will see the thread.

VVME
u were missing a v, maybe thats y stuff doesn't come up on search
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby xavier » Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:50 am

I had problems with a VVME kit. Not saying they are bad but I had my drivers side flicker and then go out all the time. I think it was a bad relay but I had decided on a projector retro due to the problems I had. The bulbs and the ballast seemed to be ok though.
Bixenon projector retrofit done! http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=48701
xavier
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 1gSE » Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:56 pm

VVME = manyadeal.com = who knows how many others, but i have their kit for my fogs and DDM's in my headlights. No complaints about either
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5