[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Subwoofer's are unscrewing things...
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Subwoofer's are unscrewing things...

Postby Black Bob » Sat Feb 27, 2010 4:47 pm

^^^Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, while playing it it just dawned on me that the speakers for my PC are better than Lara's. Now that's just plain sad. :(
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sat Feb 27, 2010 5:38 pm

Black Bob wrote:^^^Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, while playing it it just dawned on me that the speakers for my PC are better than Lara's. Now that's just plain sad. :(

are you JBL or stock??
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby folch52 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 5:54 pm

xplods arent that great.
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby wkbrdr91 » Fri Mar 12, 2010 10:39 pm

folch52 wrote:xplods arent that great.

my setup retail is 900 dollars.

Take a ride in my car and tell me its not a great system, everyone that rides with me is in shock at how great it sounds, and i go to a school where people have unlimited money, half the cars in the lot are new BMW, Mercedes, Denali's, vipers, corvettes, even one Lamborghini murcielago...

Even my friend who dropped 80 THOUSAND dollars into his F150 sound system (plus money into other things) was very impressed with my system (for what it was, obviously I cant compare to 6 15 inch subs, 6 10 inch subs, and 20 speakers inside + 5 outside (in grill)

Here is his F150:

and some cars that are at my school:

(thats my DeLorean)
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Black Bob » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:29 pm

wkbrdr91 wrote:
Black Bob wrote:^^^Thanks for the link. Unfortunately, while playing it it just dawned on me that the speakers for my PC are better than Lara's. Now that's just plain sad. :(

are you JBL or stock??

I have the stock JBL--better than stock but nowhere near as nice as personal custom. As soon as I get the house better situated I'm hoping to start replacing stuff.
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Mar 14, 2010 4:33 pm

Black Bob wrote:
wkbrdr91 wrote:

are you JBL or stock??

I have the stock JBL--better than stock but nowhere near as nice as personal custom. As soon as I get the house better situated I'm hoping to start replacing stuff.

Beleive it or not, the stock is better than the JBL.
I know its not what you want to hear, but my other Solara has the JBL system, and the black one with the base sound system (before i added subs even) blew the JBL out of the water.
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Black Bob » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:52 am

^^^Milka-whaaaa! :shocked!:

I, too, have heard the stock vs JBL and I personally can't say the stock is better than the JBL. But debating this would be like arguing dating a beautiful, skinny model versus a curvy, thick, hot chica with a fat ass and no 'cheese'.
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5