[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Subwoofer's are unscrewing things...
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Subwoofer's are unscrewing things...

Subwoofer's are unscrewing things...

Postby wkbrdr91 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:04 pm

So I've had my subwoofers for a little over a year now. I have 2 12" 1000 watt sony's with a Sony amp & monster cable wiring.

Last week I noticed my interior rear view mirror was very loose, and after getting home i see it was completely unscrewed, I know the subs make that thing shake like crazy, so im assuming its why.

Now, what else are my subs unscrewing? what should i look for? and how often should i check these things? It took a full year to get the rear view mirror screw out enough for me to notice.

2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Wed Feb 24, 2010 5:08 pm

The sub shaking is not going to be so bad that your car will fall apart.

I hope your tailights and that rear brake light don't fall off though, I remember you said that they were shaking because of the vibrations from the sub.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Aotoyota » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:00 pm

sunroof will start to make weird rattles when opening and closing...
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Ilovemylara » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:27 pm

Use some lock-tite on those screws.
Ilovemylara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby kpxboi0619 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 8:45 pm

everything will fall apart :P Starting with your ears
kpxboi0619
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Maniax » Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:37 pm

My 2 jl audio 10's knocked my rear view off.Also took a piece of glass with it. :\
Maniax
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:26 pm

Damn and that's why i would not do sounds, ill just stick with my stock speakers and radio lol

Too many damn things will fall apart lol
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby Black Bob » Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:45 am

Being a "bass head" is great when bumping down the road living in "808 kickdrum heaven" but hearing the rattles when the music stops is not so great. There's a price you pay over time, vibration from sound WILL unassemble your car--the more awesome-er your system and the more you bump the less your car will hold together. And if you add just 'age' to the equation then eventually your car is gonna sound like my knee joints after so many years.

A few friends I know compete in sound competitions, they can dynamat the heck outta the interior but it STILL starts rattling after one season and they just move on to another project car the next season. (The only people that hate your car rattling more than cops are the competition judges.)

It starts out subtle--the rearview mirror falls in your lap, a 1/2-inch gap develops on the dash, the rear window falls out but then it gets worse. I don't have any answers because I'm addicted to sound and I just can't be a hypocrite and tell another addict to quit. However, if you do decide to quit gimme your system. Gimme gimme gimme gimme!!!:D
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Feb 25, 2010 1:17 pm

Black Bob wrote:Being a "bass head" is great when bumping down the road living in "808 kickdrum heaven" but hearing the rattles when the music stops is not so great. There's a price you pay over time, vibration from sound WILL unassemble your car--the more awesome-er your system and the more you bump the less your car will hold together. And if you add just 'age' to the equation then eventually your car is gonna sound like my knee joints after so many years.

A few friends I know compete in sound competitions, they can dynamat the heck outta the interior but it STILL starts rattling after one season and they just move on to another project car the next season. (The only people that hate your car rattling more than cops are the competition judges.)

It starts out subtle--the rearview mirror falls in your lap, a 1/2-inch gap develops on the dash, the rear window falls out but then it gets worse. I don't have any answers because I'm addicted to sound and I just can't be a hypocrite and tell another addict to quit. However, if you do decide to quit gimme your system. Gimme gimme gimme gimme!!!:D

Haha i dont think ill ever stop 8)

Once my window falls out i think it would be a good time to replace the car haha
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:05 pm

^^Is your audio always turned to the max every time you drive?

I think my ears would bleed if I rode with you haha, its a good thing I never did. :lol:

As corny as it sounds I prefer the sounds of the engine working, its music to my ears when I hear that intake growl.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby NightRider » Thu Feb 25, 2010 3:23 pm

I am sound junkie too! I love to slump especially when I am driving to and from work each day :)
2004 Black Solara V6SLE COUPE
5% rear window tint 20% front window tint
Injen polished SRI
Alpine Deck w/ complete Rocksford Fosgate speakers & subs
TRD FSB 6000K HID's
NightRider
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Feb 26, 2010 12:17 am

it's a slumper! hell yeah! good thing the only things rattling are my ears so far. love the subs.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Black Bob » Fri Feb 26, 2010 10:23 am

Yo wkbrdr, just outta curiosity what are bumping now?

Currently, through my stock JBL I'm bumpin':

"Lollipop" -- Paul Wall
"Lolli Lolli (Pop That Body)" --Three 6 Mafia w/Project Pat
"Bizzy Body"--Paul Wall
"Dope Man" (Remastered) --N.W.A.
"Man I"--Gorilla Zoe
"I Got It"--Gorilla Zoe
"Houston Oiler"--Mike Jones, who?, Mike Jooooones

I'm also playing Slayer's "World Painted Blood" album but the stock system just doesn't do metal music justice. Also, my stock screams "No mas! No mas!" when it tries to play Young Jeezy's "White Girl"--the subharmonic bass is so low I don't even know if an 8-inch sub could play it correctly.
Current: 2008 Brick Toyota FJ Cruiser 4x4 Upgrade Pkg# 2
Previous: 2005 Arctic Frost Toyota Solara SE Sport V6
Black Bob
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Location: NE Ohio--where we know nothing about everything and we know it the loudest

Postby DriDed » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:38 pm

Black Bob wrote:Yo wkbrdr, just outta curiosity what are bumping now?

"Lollipop" -- Paul Wall
"Bizzy Body"--Paul Wall
"Man I"--Gorilla Zoe
"I Got It"--Gorilla Zoe

I'm also playing Slayer's "World Painted Blood" album but the stock system just doesn't do metal music justice. Also, my stock screams "No mas! No mas!" when it tries to play Young Jeezy's "White Girl"--the subharmonic bass is so low I don't even know if an 8-inch sub could play it correctly.

This is what I be rocking in my audio system:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pKofewfeSoY

ya hearrd!!!!!!!!!!
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:59 pm

Black Bob wrote:Yo wkbrdr, just outta curiosity what are bumping now?

"Lollipop" -- Paul Wall
"Bizzy Body"--Paul Wall
"Man I"--Gorilla Zoe
"I Got It"--Gorilla Zoe

I also listen to Man I and I got it by gorilla zoe, but the HARDEST hitting songs ive ever heard are:

Put on - Young Jeezy (hardest hitting)
Hand Clap - Hurricane Chris (most low bass)
Who dat - Young Jeezy
where they do that at - lil twist
Freek-A-Leek - Petey Pablo
Im bout tha stax - Soulja Boy
Wet Dolphin - Chicken hill productions
Lost - Gorilla Zoe
T.G.I.F. - Kid Cudi
Bed Rock - Young Money
Just a lil bit - 50 Cent

Great link for music with bass
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=90TPfgBWeLg
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5