[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - TC intake on Solara 2az fe?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

TC intake on Solara 2az fe?

TC intake on Solara 2az fe?

Postby Kattatonik916 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:00 pm

Ok I have spent hours comparing and looking at the differences in the intakes for TC's vs the solara. Now I know that the TC can use a CAI cause the fuse box is moved and the fender hollowed out. The injen CAI for the TC has the identical bends in the first section as the short ram for the solara.

Now why do care about this at all because the Injen CAI for the TC and the short ram for the solara are around the same price. WELLLLLLL.... there's a new company called HPS, they make a short ram intake for the TC. Its only 149 and looks like it will fit the 2az fe in the solara. Ive had a chance to check out a intake they made for a civic and its very nice quality. The welds are nice and smooth and the pipe they use is nice and thick like the AEM's. I am just worried about the clearance of the Air filter to the fuse box on the dr fender wall.

SO.... What I am asking is has anyone had the chance to play with intakes from a TC and throw them on their solaras? OR Am I going to dish out the 149 plus shipping to every ones guinea pig?
Nos is like the hottest girl you know but with an STD you wanna hit it soO bad but your afraid of what will happen
Kattatonik916
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gEkAe818 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:58 pm

Bro I Have an injen short ram for the v6 that i took off because i got a lexus Es350 I will sell it to you for 100. where do live? i live in los angeles california. it the Black SRI 04-10 v6 solara
gEkAe818
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby gEkAe818 » Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:00 pm

my bad i miss read the one i have is for the 2gr not 2az. never mind
gEkAe818
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Kattatonik916 » Wed Mar 24, 2010 11:13 am

Ok heres the deal I have been in touch with Fujitas design group and the CA-3104 for the 08 scion XB is supposed to work for the 2az fe in the Solaras. It has a hump and to clear the fuse box on the dr side and then the pipe moves behind the head light and into the fender. They are going to send me one to try if it works I will put up pics. We may have our first CAI for the 2.4l Solaras :) Keep you all updated
Nos is like the hottest girl you know but with an STD you wanna hit it soO bad but your afraid of what will happen
Kattatonik916
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DriDed » Wed Mar 24, 2010 1:11 pm

It would be great if there is a cai for our cars, I can get one for the family's Camry.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ctsolara12 » Sat Mar 27, 2010 5:20 pm

Kattatonik916 wrote:Ok heres the deal I have been in touch with Fujitas design group and the CA-3104 for the 08 scion XB is supposed to work for the 2az fe in the Solaras. It has a hump and to clear the fuse box on the dr side and then the pipe moves behind the head light and into the fender. They are going to send me one to try if it works I will put up pics. We may have our first CAI for the 2.4l Solaras :) Keep you all updated

I'm going to bet that the MAF will not fit properly. The 07-08 toyotas have different MAF's, which is also the reason that Fujita's 07-08 camry intake will not work on our Solara's (otherwise the tubing fits fine)...
ctsolara12
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5