[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gen 2 Wind Deflector that Allows for Back-seat Passengers
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Gen 2 Wind Deflector that Allows for Back-seat Passengers

Gen 2 Wind Deflector that Allows for Back-seat Passengers

Postby JimGo » Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:59 pm

Hi guys! It's been a while, sorry! Life has been getting away from me these days!

Anyway...we've finally had some nice weather in the North East, and I've taken my family out for a few top-down rides. At lower speeds (below about 35 MPH), our boys don't mind riding with the top down, and actually kind of enjoy it. Much above that speed, though, and they get buffeted with too much wind. I have seen the wind screen/wind deflector that Toyota sells, and it looks like it will not work for my needs since it covers the back seats.

Does anyone know any/all of the following?:
a) if there are any aftermarket solutions that specifically address reducing the amount of wind for rear seat passengers?
b) how effective the aftermarket wind screens/wind deflectors/etc. are at reducing wind for rear seat passengers (e.g. Windblox or LoveTheDrive)?
c) if anyone has bult any DIY solutions that might meet my needs?

Any feedback is appreciated!
- Jim
JimGo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Down2TheC » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:14 pm

If you can rig the upright part of the Toyota screen in front of the back headrests, it might look odd, but should do the trick. I'm working on an individual one for the front seats. If it's close to your head, you only need 4 inches on either side to kill the wind.

Hey... maybe mesh pith helmets for the boys? 8)
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby JimGo » Mon Apr 05, 2010 10:33 pm

Thanks. I have a spare piece of Lexan and may see what I can do at the back seat. If it foesnt work, the pith helmet idea isn't a bad alternative! ;)
- Jim
JimGo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5