[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Replacement Wheels
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Replacement Wheels

Replacement Wheels

Postby JustBrian » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:21 pm

Hi everyone I just joined the group a few minutes ago because I have a question for which I have not yet found the answer in over a month of searching the net.

I now own a 2007 Solara Sport. It is my second Solara. I had a 1999 for a few years.

It is some sort of pale blue - don't remember the color name - and so far I have installed a gold kit for a bit of accent and next the wheels will be replaced when the tires need to go. I have seen some brass and gold wheels the correct size which would compliment the color of the top but I can not determine what the impact of new wheels will be on the tire pressure monitoring sensors.

The dealer tells me the wheel must be drilled to the correct angle or I will have to replace the sensors. Being the cheap SOB that I am I would prefer not to spend the extra >$400 for new sensors if I can find wheels ready to take the stock sensors. Anyone know anything about this issue? What wheel spec is the driver?
JustBrian
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ThatVietGuy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:46 pm

The Solaras don't use a sensor: it measures the difference between how much each wheel spins to determine if one is low on air.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby kingkakyle » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:00 pm

ThatVietGuy wrote:The Solaras don't use a sensor: it measures the difference between how much each wheel spins to determine if one is low on air.

actually he has a gen 2.5 so i think he does have sensors
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby JustBrian » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:09 pm

What about this information? http://www.toyotatpms.com/

There is a sensor of some sort connected to the valve.
JustBrian
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ThatVietGuy » Thu Apr 08, 2010 8:39 pm

kingkakyle wrote:
ThatVietGuy wrote:The Solaras don't use a sensor: it measures the difference between how much each wheel spins to determine if one is low on air.

actually he has a gen 2.5 so i think he does have sensors

I stand corrected; forgot all about the gen 2.5 :drinking:
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Fri Apr 09, 2010 4:43 am

I assume you mean dealership when refering to 'dealer'.
Where do you plan on getting your rims from? I sugguest you check with them to see if they'd swap them for you since you're already going to be spending some decent cash there. Also, the dealer is going to try to get more money out of you, so call around to wheel shops to see if the rims have to be drilled as they would have a better idea.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5