[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Lowered gen2 TRDs Pics
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Lowered gen2 TRDs Pics

Re: Lowered gen2 TRDs Pics

Postby LEE337 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 2:29 pm

The drop looks good! 8)

Did you have a shop or dealer do the install?
Maybe you did the work yourself?

Just curious how big a pain the Gen 2 interior is to remove to get to the top strut nuts?
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Projex0 » Wed Jun 16, 2010 4:33 pm

^^ shop did it
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby KSolara » Wed Jul 14, 2010 8:43 pm

So I got Tein S-tech springs and KYB GR-2 shocks and I almost dont have a gap
I actually think my tires go into the body
Ill try to post Pics
o4 SE I4 Lunar mist
KSolara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:40 am

quick question for all y'all that are lowered, how is the ride quality with the KYB GR-2s or SE Sport struts (which are KYBs as well I believe)? I've been lowered for awhile on stock SLE struts and TRD springs but the ride is straight BUMPY! Now that I've widened out the wheels to 8.5, mild stretch tires, I need something stiffer. Just wanted to know if the KYB or Sport users haven't had this issue or should I keep toughing it out and save up for coilovers?
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby kingkakyle » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:52 pm

well, lets just say the ride got more rough
there definately is no bouncing if that what u mean by bumpy
like when u hit a small hole its like "boom" instead of "boing boing" if that makes any sense at all lol
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby mig0s » Tue Nov 02, 2010 8:56 pm

kingkakyle wrote:well, lets just say the ride got more rough
there definately is no bouncing if that what u mean by bumpy
like when u hit a small hole its like "boom" instead of "boing boing" if that makes any sense at all lol

Totally makes sense lol! Same thing on my gen1 here, with Teins.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:32 pm

well that sounds concerning. please elaborate! what do you mean it gets more rough?
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby kingkakyle » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:47 pm

basically u feel the road more,
instead of the springs taking most of the impact and spreading it throughout a longer bounce, the bounce is shorter
i cant think of the right words, but its just simple physics
u remember doing those problems with the springs where some are stiffer and compress less, its the same thing, so the retraction of the spring is just shorter

i think what i am trying to say is, the same amount of force impact is felt through a shorter amount a time, making it feel more "rough"
i should be able to think better after my midterm lol if it still doesn't make sense ill get back to u on an explanation
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Nov 02, 2010 10:54 pm

hahaha gluck with that. i just remember the good ol' days when the car was stock how amazing it felt to drive this car but the lowering springs just make it a lot more unpleasant. i understand what you mean by feeling the bumps all at once rather than being drawn out over one or more bounces but that sounds kinda uncomfortable too!
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby kingkakyle » Thu Nov 04, 2010 3:04 pm

oh for sure its uncomfortable lol, but i think changing struts makes it an uncomfortable bouncing motion to an uncomfortable bumping motion
when it was stock it was way more comfortable
but being able to hit those turns and i feel its more stable overall on straights makes me love it, i can only imagine what coilovers are like
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5