[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Quick Question
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Quick Question

Quick Question

Postby Blindside360 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 8:41 am

I need to know what type of xenon bulbs/ballast to put in my 2004 Solara.

Help will be greatly appreciated.
Blindside360
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Quick Question

Postby mig0s » Sun Jun 27, 2010 9:34 am

1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Blindside360 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:36 pm

Thank you, but i was hoping for a recommendation of a kit.
Blindside360
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby stringbean » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:13 pm

KCE kit from kenny "indiglosolara" contact him and hell sell you a kit
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 4:05 pm

stringbean wrote:KCE kit from kenny "indiglosolara" contact him and hell sell you a kit

Quality kit and I couldn't be happier with mine.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Blindside360 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:10 pm

Thanks for all the help guy's, but i need a little more. Can i get some recommendations on brightness levels.
Blindside360
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Mon Jun 28, 2010 6:17 pm

The stock headlights are 55w. With most hid kits, a 35w kit will be on par with stock brightness. A 55w hid kit will give you more light so long as you stay with a reasonable temperature.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Aotoyota » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:32 pm

hmm.. is anyone running a 55w HID kit?
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby mig0s » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:47 pm

^^

I am. I got it from vvme but it doesn't seem reeeaalllyyy bright u know what i mean. Plus, our Gen 1s do not have projectors so 55w is the way to go.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby stringbean » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:52 pm

i love my KCE 35 watt 6000K kit its amazing never going back to a none hid light. from now on everycar i own will have hids. Thy are just amazing to drive with at night and they look cool
stringbean
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:24 am

I'm running 55w.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Jun 29, 2010 4:30 am

stringbean wrote:KCE kit from kenny "indiglosolara" contact him and hell sell you a kit

x2 Just got mines installed sunday. Kenny is the way to go. Contact him.
It's pretty straight forward to install... even a cave man can do it.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SoSleek » Tue Jun 29, 2010 1:48 pm

I've done a LOT of research, which led me to the DDM Tuning's Digital Slim HID Kits. I am running 55w Low Beams and 35w Fogs. Temperature is all personal preference. 55w kits tend to wash out some of the color of the HID bulb due to the light output. For example, a 55w 8000k will look similar in color to a 35w 6000k kit. I ordered 55w 8000k low beams and 35w 6000k fogs and they match perfect and the light output is crazy nice!

What led me to purchase the DDM's was a review on another forum I found. A member of that forum dissected 10 different kits to see how they were all manufactured and to see if there was any reason to pay more for one set than another. You can tell the quality of the DDM kits before even opening them. They are in a custom pressed metal casing (with DDM actually beveled into the metal, so you know they are built solely for DDM and not just some knock off. When you open them up they are fully sealed and filled with some sort of silicone, where other kits were just partially or not at all covered. The member of the forum also submerged each kit to see if moisture would seep in. DDM was one of only a couple that didn't have any moisture inside. He also did light output, or foot candle test and lumens test and they had the brightest output of any kit. There were several other factors, but it was clear these were the best. I also read other user reviews and found nothing negative. I am very happy with mine!
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby indiglosolara » Fri Jul 23, 2010 12:13 am

KCE Outlets will be having a sale on HID Kits in August, If you can hold out until then.
Prices will be competitive, but with every kit ordered in August I am throwing in a FREE gift.

It will be the 2nd week of August when this sale is available. So keep an eye out in the For Sale Forums.
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Jul 23, 2010 4:11 am

indiglosolara wrote:KCE Outlets will be having a sale on HID Kits in August, If you can hold out until then.
Prices will be competitive, but with every kit ordered in August I am throwing in a FREE gift.

It will be the 2nd week of August when this sale is available. So keep an eye out in the For Sale Forums.

Can't wait Kenny Maybe I'll pick up some for the Rolla XRS. :sweet:
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5