[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - air intake giving me problems
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

air intake giving me problems

air intake giving me problems

Postby bluegrassjuggalo » Sun Aug 01, 2010 12:26 am

A friend just installed an apc universal performance intake on my 06 2.4 solara, and now I'm getting CEL don't remember the code but it says I'm running lean. The car now hesitates if i accelerate too quickly (bogs down). The car ran great before, is there a way to fix it and keep the intake, or should I take it off. And I know it's probably a piece of crap, I had wanted a K&N set-up, but I got it for free so what the heck. I wasn't sure if there is something I can do to possibly adjust the settings or get an after market MAF sensor, maybe even by-pass the sensor. Thanks
bluegrassjuggalo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: air intake giving me problems

Postby Aotoyota » Mon Aug 02, 2010 9:47 pm

try unhooking the battery for 20min, then go driving.

the brain needs to relearn your driving habits. Probably with more air,
the ecu is confused and screaming with the codes
Alpine + Dynaudio = Sonic bliss.
Aotoyota
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: air intake giving me problems

Postby bluegrassjuggalo » Tue Aug 03, 2010 2:00 am

Thanks I will try in the morning, I stopped by advance auto and was told i have a vacuum leak, he said i need to probably try to seal around the MAF sensor. the intake is universal so my friend had to cut a hole for the sensor, Im going to try your suggestion first though. Thanks again, I will let you know what happens.
bluegrassjuggalo
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5