[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - LED fog light
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

LED fog light

Re: LED fog light

Postby jong2be » Mon Aug 30, 2010 6:47 pm

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Audi-Style-Sid ... _sku57.htm

is that what u did?

look so great! =)
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3812488/2 (If U wanna see bigger pics, you can see em in here)

2006 Toyota Solara

(Still, my grammar is sucks! plz understand it. lol)
jong2be
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kpxboi0619 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 10:09 pm

I did this one

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Audi-Style-Hea ... _sku59.htm

it's relatively cheap~
kpxboi0619
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dchino » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:23 pm

kpxboi0619 wrote:I did this one

http://store.ijdmtoy.com/Audi-Style-Hea ... _sku59.htm

it's relatively cheap~

Did you get the xenon whites or ultra blue?
'04 Arctic Frost SE Sport//Eibach Prokit Springs//TRD RSB//HID Conversion//LED Interior and exterior//Trenz Upper Grill-Mike T lower grill//Painted Calipers//Alpine HU and Amps//JL W1 Subs//More to Come!
dchino
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kpxboi0619 » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:26 pm

xenon white
kpxboi0619
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby dchino » Mon Nov 08, 2010 12:32 pm

Thanks! Great upgrade for you both. I really wish they made an aftermarket halo light kit like they make for on the camry's. I think that would really complete the solara look.
'04 Arctic Frost SE Sport//Eibach Prokit Springs//TRD RSB//HID Conversion//LED Interior and exterior//Trenz Upper Grill-Mike T lower grill//Painted Calipers//Alpine HU and Amps//JL W1 Subs//More to Come!
dchino
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby HomeboyMI » Wed Nov 17, 2010 1:10 pm

I got some led lights and would like to hook them up. Would someone please tell or show me where exactly you wired them for the power source? Can it be done in the fuse box under the hood? If so, which fuse did you use? Thank you.

Also, where do you get the "Toyota" lettering on the brake calipers? Looks cool.
HomeboyMI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DSM_Lara » Wed Nov 17, 2010 4:02 pm

Mines are tap to my parking lights. So they signal also.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby HomeboyMI » Thu Nov 18, 2010 7:23 pm

Hooking them up so they blink is a good idea although I want mine on with the daylight driving lights. I just thought I could hook the hot into the fuse box and avoid splicing wires.

Thanks anyway for your reply DSM Aloha oe
HomeboyMI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Audi A4 lights

Postby HomeboyMI » Tue Dec 21, 2010 2:32 pm

I bought a Bussmann ATM fuse Add-A-Circuit at Autozone. Inserted it in the IGN2 fuse in the box located under the hood. Drilled a small hole for the wire to come out of the fuse box and hooked my hot wire to it. Works fine and a lot easer than splicing into wires for headlights etc. I get power only when key is turned to the "run" position (switched on).
HomeboyMI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Audi A4 lights

Postby wkbrdr91 » Mon Dec 27, 2010 5:17 pm

HomeboyMI wrote:I bought a Bussmann ATM fuse Add-A-Circuit at Autozone. Inserted it in the IGN2 fuse in the box located under the hood. Drilled a small hole for the wire to come out of the fuse box and hooked my hot wire to it. Works fine and a lot easer than splicing into wires for headlights etc. I get power only when key is turned to the "run" position (switched on).

I am going to do exactly that for mine... whats the difference between IGN1 and IGN2?
Also, I am going to put them on the fogs as well (like the OP), will all of these be able to go into the same power source?

Here's my lights:

2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby HomeboyMI » Mon Dec 27, 2010 7:15 pm

I put mine on a 10amp fuse because these led lights use very little power. IGN2 is your key position when your engine is running. IGN1 is the first position after off, usually used when listening to the radio while necking with your girl and the engine not running.

I really like the looks of these lights. Anything to help the drunks see you coming down the street! The more lights the better.

As far as fog lights go, the engine needs to be running whenever you use your fog lights or you will run your battery down. So with my engine running I can turn on my driving lights and fog lights and all will be working.. Lots of lights!

Good luck.
Gary
HomeboyMI
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5