[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hydrometer on the replacement battery?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Hydrometer on the replacement battery?

Hydrometer on the replacement battery?

Postby lambition » Sat Aug 21, 2010 7:15 pm

I just changed battery on solara and got curious about something.

Are there any replacement battery with built in hydrometer?
Most batteries that are installed in the manufactures has built in hydrometer on the battery, but I don't see hydrometer on any batteries that you can buy from part shops.
Why is that?

Hydrometer did not help me in anyway in the past, so I don't really care. Charge state can be found with multimeter and water level can be found just by popping the cap.
Still I'm curious why they don't have one installed.

Are Kirkland batteries really as good as other brands? I see pretty good reviews about them, and it is the cheapest battery I found. So, I just got Kirkland.
It was only $59.99 with 640 CCA and 800 CA, while other brands run around $80 to 90.

Solara came with 24F battery, but Costco don't have 24F and recommends 35 instead. It is a bit smaller battery, yet it had higher CCA compared to stock battery. Stock battery was only 600 CCA, so it's an upgrade :D
lambition
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5