[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Getting darker tint
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Getting darker tint

Re: Getting darker tint

Postby DriDed » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:57 am

Mike, can you tell me the name of that shop where you got your car and suv's tints done? I want to get the front windows of my car re-tinted.

good day.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 9:06 pm

DriDed wrote:Mike, can you tell me the name of that shop where you got your car and suv's tints done? I want to get the front windows of my car re-tinted.

good day.

Its like Rich's auto tint or something like that? I forget. But the phone number is: 407-295-8140
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:36 am

Thanks haha! I am planning to go with 30% tints, thats gonna make the car looks better than now.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:03 pm

DriDed wrote:Thanks haha! I am planning to go with 30% tints, thats gonna make the car looks better than now.

30% is soooo light.. do 15% that's whats on my moms Pathfinder that I posted and it looks good. I had 15% put over my 30% and got my 5% and its totally fine even at night. Only time it bothered me was on a weird turn at my girlfriends school where theres no lights and already limited visibility.. but just cracked my winder a couple inches and was fine. Orlando is a very bright place even at night, it's never dark there, your fine, even with 5%

I believe the tint place stocks 5% 15% 30% and 50% (uses it for front windshields).
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Wed Oct 06, 2010 8:20 pm

I am afraid of getting a ticket for the tints since my dad got one ($90) for having 20% tints on his front side windows.

I know some people will never get bothered for their tints but it would really suck if I got a ticket right after the 15% tints go on the car.

The main reason why I want to tint the car is to reduce the glare without getting in trouble with the law but I will look at more pictures of 30% tinted cars before I decide anything.
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SoSleek » Thu Oct 07, 2010 9:12 am

corlon wrote:most states have exemptions for tint. like a medical exemption. you can go to walmart's eye center and tell them the sun gives you headaches and get a prescription for window tint. in minneosta it must state the percent of tint anid have a 2 year expiration date. when you get pulled over just show them the slip and that its. well as far as the tint goes.

Where in Minnesota are you? I live in Edina, just south of Minneapolis.
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5