[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Can't decide which emblems to take off...
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Can't decide which emblems to take off...

Can't decide which emblems to take off...

Postby wkbrdr91 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:00 am

Something I have wanted to do to the Solara for a while is shaving off some emblems. I go back and forth on what to take off, right now I think I want to take off the "SE" and "Toyota" (in the bottom corners) and leave the Toyota symbol and "Solara".

If anyone could provide me with pictures of what you've (or someone else) done, I would appreciate it! I tried looking around and can't find much.

2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Can't decide which emblems to take off...

Postby GzNutz » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:31 pm

GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:39 pm

^^^

Yours was the ONE car I was able to pull up, and of course you post it haha. How do you like what you did? regret anything about it?
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:43 pm

I like it, no regrets. Very simple and easy to do. With the holes left behind the solara emblem I just filled with a little bondo and used a touch up paint pen then a dab of clear coat over it. I retained the tags just is case I ever wanted to put them back on. Plus it makes the trunk a little easier to wash and wax. :wink:
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SoSleek » Mon Sep 06, 2010 7:42 pm

Mine is just as you described. Everything removed except the Toyota badge and "Solara". Eventually both will be gone.

2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Hammer1080p » Mon Sep 06, 2010 10:32 pm

Hey man I def suggest u take em all off. Its really easy todo, check out some youtube videos for reference Just beware that the solara emblem will have two holes. I've actually been meaning to check out some threads on what ways I can cover it up. WRbrdr91 described an option which I might pursue. I'd upload pictures for u but I seriously have no clue how to. I guess I should check out some other threads.
Adam Hammer
Niagara Falls, Canada
Hammer1080p
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kingkakyle » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:12 pm

Hammer1080p wrote:Hey man I def suggest u take em all off. Its really easy todo, check out some youtube videos for reference Just beware that the solara emblem will have two holes. I've actually been meaning to check out some threads on what ways I can cover it up. WRbrdr91 described an option which I might pursue. I'd upload pictures for u but I seriously have no clue how to. I guess I should check out some other threads.

not only does the solara name have holes
the trunk under the Toyota emblem is raised
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Mon Sep 06, 2010 11:24 pm

GzNutz wrote:With the holes left behind the solara emblem I just filled with a little bondo and used a touch up paint pen then a dab of clear coat over it.

really! never heard of that. I've gotten everything but the Solara and Toyota logo off.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby wkbrdr91 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 7:11 am

Though it looks nice, I don't think I want to deal with holes!

Is it just me or does leaving the emblems seem to make the car look lower and wider? (compared to taking "Toyota" and "SE" off)

taking all but Toyota logo makes the car look really wide/low.
2006 Solara Sport
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:42 am

Posh's lara:
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SoSleek » Tue Sep 07, 2010 9:45 am

SICK! ^^^
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:29 am

yeah its dope but it requires covering of the holes and sanding down the bump for the toyota emblem. I think I'mma go for Gz's look.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby boostin4 » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:00 am

mine is like SoSleek. but since the emblem were on for years they still show a little under certain light
boostin4
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby SoSleek » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:40 am

boostin4 wrote:mine is like SoSleek. but since the emblem were on for years they still show a little under certain light

On your trunk lid try a claybar, polish then wax. That should take care of it.
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Tue Sep 07, 2010 11:46 am

yaddadaimsayin wrote:yeah its dope but it requires covering of the holes and sanding down the bump for the toyota emblem. I think I'mma go for Gz's look.

Will take a lot more than sanding to get rid of that bump. It's stamped in the metal, so it will have to be cut and replaced with a flat plate welded in. A lot of work, not to mention the spoiler it notched for the emblem as well, so that would need some plastic work...maybe filled with fusor, or somehow rework the existing plastic with heat so it wouldn't require as much filler)
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5