[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Aftermarket in dash GPS
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Aftermarket in dash GPS

Aftermarket in dash GPS

Postby Hammer1080p » Tue Oct 12, 2010 12:20 pm

Hey Guys,

I've been looking at an in-dash GPS/DVD system for my '04. I found this seller on eBay and have been in contact with him. Im wondering if this head-unit will fit in place of my old stock one... Its for a Camry, but looks very similar. I haven't been able to find the dimensions of this unit but it seems to be very similar to the ones we have.

It is priced at $579.00cdn, shipped. There is no demonstration of the GPS but I'm assuming its because there is no antenna attached. Also its running a Windows based system which allows me to customize it.

If you guys want to check out the his eBay store search 'trustigo' or even youtube 'trustigo'

Once again, any input would be GREATLY APPRECIATED!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n7OmblFK5ko
Adam Hammer
Niagara Falls, Canada
Hammer1080p
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Aftermarket in dash GPS

Postby GzNutz » Tue Oct 12, 2010 2:45 pm

When I was comparing the jbl units between the lara and newer camry (just from pics) I found the plugs in back had different harnesses. The fit looks close but it may require some wiring. Your best bet would be to take some measurements at a dealership, or better yet, ask the seller to measure the top and side dimensions of the unit's face.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Hammer1080p » Wed Oct 13, 2010 5:35 am

GzNutz wrote:When I was comparing the jbl units between the lara and newer camry (just from pics) I found the plugs in back had different harnesses. The fit looks close but it may require some wiring. Your best bet would be to take some measurements at a dealership, or better yet, ask the seller to measure the top and side dimensions of the unit's face.

Thanks,
I emailed the seller and ill see what the back of the Hu looks like. If the harnesses are different, is there anything i can do or buy to convert the wires into the appropriate harness size?
Adam Hammer
Niagara Falls, Canada
Hammer1080p
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kingkakyle » Wed Oct 13, 2010 12:50 pm

if its for the camry it wont fit
i think theres a thread for it, although it looks similar its not the same
but theres no harm in asking the guy for dimensions
good luck!

ps what else u can do is just get an aftermarket unit like an eclipse (which should be able to still plug into steering wheel controls) and buy a double din trim for it
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Hammer1080p » Thu Oct 14, 2010 8:20 pm

kingkakyle wrote:if its for the camry it wont fit
i think theres a thread for it, although it looks similar its not the same
but theres no harm in asking the guy for dimensions
good luck!

it wont fitt..thats such a buzz kill, ill try to get the measurements from the seller.

kingkakyle wrote:ps what else u can do is just get an aftermarket unit like an eclipse (which should be able to still plug into steering wheel controls) and buy a double din trim for it

is eclipse a brand, like clarion?

im kinda second guessing an indash...thinking i should suck it up for a bit n use my cell...n get a good set of winter tires...hmmmm
Adam Hammer
Niagara Falls, Canada
Hammer1080p
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kingkakyle » Thu Oct 14, 2010 9:05 pm

yep its a brand
main company is fujistu ten u can google it for more info
sorry didn't mean to be negative, hope u get what you want!!
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5