[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gen two SE Sport with IS300 Big Brake Kit?!?!?!
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Gen two SE Sport with IS300 Big Brake Kit?!?!?!

Gen two SE Sport with IS300 Big Brake Kit?!?!?!

Postby SoSleek » Thu Oct 21, 2010 7:28 am

I have been working on creating a logo for SolaraGuy and while searching for a photo on google I stumbled upon 2 photos of a SE Sport Solara with a little description.

Pics:

Description:
"Running a different platform than most, Sokha started the in import scene, not to drag race, but more interested in road race / touge. He’s had his share of modding Camrys and Cressidas. Now, close to ten years later, he still behind the wheel of a Camry-based vehicle. Not too many go fast parts on the car just an Injen Intake but has added TRD front and rear sway bars and tie bars. Giving the car its aggressive stance is the Tein Super Street damper system and for added stopping power on winding roads, he added IS300 13.8 inch StopTech brakes modded to the Solara."

Is this guy a member here? I am very interested in seeing more photos and learning more about the IS300 big brake kit swap.

Thanks!
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Gen two SE Sport with IS300 Big Brake Kit?!?!?!

Postby Projex0 » Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:25 pm

that is an awesome stance
Projex0
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Oct 21, 2010 2:09 pm

picture's a lil blurry but hawt!

I know sleek isn't a fan of the hellaflush look but

^ That right thurr is an awesome stance!

*ugly rims though
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:21 pm

What is there to know about a stoptech bbk?... If you buy a front set from Stoptech or ANY company for a GEN 4 CAMRY you are DONE. There is your custom work for a bbk on Gen 2.
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Thu Oct 21, 2010 8:49 pm

If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby SoSleek » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:37 am

---CAMRAZY--- wrote:What is there to know about a stoptech bbk?... If you buy a front set from Stoptech or ANY company for a GEN 4 CAMRY you are DONE. There is your custom work for a bbk on Gen 2.

What bout rears...smarty pants. Image
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SoSleek » Fri Oct 22, 2010 6:45 am

yaddadaimsayin wrote:picture's a lil blurry but hawt!

I know sleek isn't a fan of the hellaflush look but

^ That right thurr is an awesome stance!

*ugly rims though

Hey yadda, I don't mind a lowered car with a nice offset. I think it's the people who take things too far that ruin the trend for me. Negative camber, poke, stretched tires, etc. It just takes the functionality out of it...and to me that defeats the purpose. If I'm buying something to look good, it has to be functional too. It's those same people that we will look back in a year and say...fuggin ricers! I do agree on the ugly rims statement too! :)
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Fri Oct 22, 2010 7:44 am

Rear brakes from Gen 3 to 5 Camrys/1-2 Solaras, aside from rotor size are roughly the same, tough guy.
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Fri Oct 22, 2010 11:36 am

Funny thing is weren't you the ricer with a riced out cavalier with reflective tape all over the wheels?

Show me on your pics were the rear bbk is at, please. Go back and do some homework.

BTW numb nuts, every car that I have seen or had with aggressive ass wheels has been functional.. they drive.
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5