[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Magnecor Plug wires?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

Magnecor Plug wires?

Magnecor Plug wires?

Postby radi4fun » Mon Jan 24, 2011 7:42 pm

hi guys, I have a 2004 Solora SE. i'm looking to replace my spark plug and plug wires as well. I'm about to place order on 4x NGK Spark Plug - Iridium IX/ I also want to replace my plug wires as well. the car has almost 85K miles on it.

I can't seem to find any good Spark Plug wires set anywhere. i looked up online and Magnecor don't make any sets after 2002 for Solara. and i can't find any good high performace spark plug wire sets for 2004 Solora SE models. can someone suggest me any links or in right direction? I've been reading threads after threads and i can't find any info on any good Sprak Plug wire sets for Gen 2 models. quite a bit info on gen 1 and 1.5 but nothing on the gen 2 :( can you guys help me please? i'm thinking of going NGK wires, but i have no idea witch ones to get or where to get them from.
radi4fun
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Magnecor Plug wires?

Postby DriDed » Sun Jan 30, 2011 1:22 pm

I am assuming you have the 4 cylinder model:

NGK IFR6T11 Laser Iridium Spark Plugs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/NGK-IFR6 ... ccessories

I couldn't find any NGK wires for you though.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby radi4fun » Mon Jan 31, 2011 6:27 pm

ya its a 4 cylinder. i'll try to find a set of 4 of those. unfortunately i don't have 6 Cly . now i just have to get some good wires...
radi4fun
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gnegroni » Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:27 am

Err, you don't have any plug wires. Your car has a Coil-on-Plug ignition system. In other words, no distributor, no wires between spark plugs and ignition coil. The coil sits directly on top of the spark plugs!

I'm about to replace the spark plugs on my 2AZ-FE (4-cylinder engine) once again on my 2005 @100k miles. I changed them at 65k miles and noticed better pickup, so I will do it again since my car seems a bit sluggish.

You can get those plugs at Autozone, Pepboys, etc.
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5