[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - gen 2.5 eagle eye foglights
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 2 and 2.5 upgrades.

gen 2.5 eagle eye foglights

gen 2.5 eagle eye foglights

Postby GREEN_RANGER » Sat Apr 09, 2011 9:14 pm

i want to know if anyone has ever bought gen 2.5 eagle eye aftermarket fog lights before? if you did how the hell did u get them to fit properly ?? i bought them thinking it was gonna be ok and i got ripped off..
GREEN_RANGER
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: gen 2.5 eagle eye foglights

Postby wkbrdr91 » Mon May 09, 2011 9:17 am

GREEN_RANGER wrote:i want to know if anyone has ever bought gen 2.5 eagle eye aftermarket fog lights before? if you did how the hell did u get them to fit properly ?? i bought them thinking it was gonna be ok and i got ripped off..

Post a link to what your talking about, Ive never heard of those before.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GREEN_RANGER » Tue May 10, 2011 4:12 pm

the link wont work but i bought the item from ebay user partsdomain.

when they came in, the packaging labels the brand as "eagle eye". it is also inscribed on the lens of the lamps. i do have pictures of the lamps that i could show if it is necessary. but anyways i figured out the reason why they didnt fit. it is because after i did the bumper swap to gen 2.5 and i didnt realize i needed mounting brackets that go behind the bumper cover to hold up the fogs. i guess its toyotas way of saving money on designing so many different fog lamps. they recycle the same design on almost all of their models.
i didnt realize because my old fogs on the gen 2 bumper didnt need any mounting brackets, but after speaking to the toyota dealer i found out. the brackets will only cost me $40 in total, but i have yet to buy them. so im driving with a 2.5 front but with two big holes where the fogs would be. also i need to change the the fog lamp sockets to h11 sockets, after i realized all this extra work i thought id just take a break. call me lazy.
GREEN_RANGER
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby projectSV » Mon May 21, 2012 5:19 pm

how did the eagle eye project end up for you?
2004 2nd Gen SE Sport 2.4L 5 speed
"They say it's not worth the time, I say, It's time to show it's worth"
projectSV
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Gen 2 and 2.5